Iferror/vlookup to find data and save values

Mr Marvin

Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
I have a daily report where the data is saved into a template. This template is then linked to a master sheet which collates the data daily through the month. So the data for the same template would be used for 1St, 2nd etc. When I Enter the data I can get to update the master sheet with iferror(vlookup) command. Obv then when I remove that data and replace it with following day from 2nd it disappears so the master sheet will have the data for the 2nd on the first and second of the month. Is there a way when the data is entered on to master sheet it holds the values for each day so I can delete the data on templates without any issue on master sheets.

All sheets are on the same work book. Or there may be better options than using vlookup. TIA

Excel Facts

How to change case of text in Excel?
Use =UPPER() for upper case, =LOWER() for lower case, and =PROPER() for proper case. PROPER won't capitalize second c in Mccartney
I think when you delete data, you delete reference cells at formula, Please try Clear Content from Home Tab not Delete Key.

Upvote 0
Is there a way when the data is entered on to master sheet it holds the values for each day
No there isn't. You would need to copy the formula & then paste as values to keep the information.

Upvote 0
I think when you delete data, you delete reference cells at formula, Please try Clear Content from Home Tab not Delete Key.
=IFERROR(VLOOKUP(B5,'Daily Stats'!$C$1:$M$34,5),"0") this is what i have at the moment. Daily stats is the daily worksheet that supplies the initial date to the master sheet.

1stIn2ndIn3rdIn4thIn
Adan7:50:4617:50:4617:50:461
7:50:46​

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hengshankouniuniu

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back