mohdabrar

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2019
  3. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi,

I am trying to get the below formula to work. I don't know what I am getting wrong over here. Can someone please help with the same.

=IFS(M3="",O3,O3="",R3),IFNA(VLOOKUP(M3,'Sponsor List Ref'!B2:C95,2,0),VLOOKUP(M3,'Sponsor List Ref'!$F$2:$G$6,2,0)))

The formula works well with only IFNA part, but if i add the IFS before, it gives a #Value! error. Any input is appreciated.

Thanks.

I am unable to attach a screenshot. It says the file is too big. It's 266 KB.

Let me try another way to explain this. I have data in Column "M" and I am trying to VLOOKUP the data that matches column M from a different sheet. However, at certain intervals, there is no data in Column M. So when Column has data, it'll VLOOKUP from the other sheet. When it doesn't, I want data from O. When both M and O are Empty, I want data from Q. Hope the below table helps.

M N O P Q
Primary Bill SponsorClassificationPri. Insurance CompanyPri. Network/Plan TypeRate Plan
THIQA-DAMANAs There's Data in "M" VLOOKUP from Sponsor List Ref SheetTHIQA-ABU DHABI MINISTRY OF FINANCEDaman Thiqa1RUW-DAMAN THIQA
As both "M" and "O" are empty I need data from "Q"Daman Ehanced Sahtak - ADNOCRUW-CASH
THIQA-DAMANFormula goes in this ColumnTHIQA-ABU DHABI MINISTRY OF FINANCEDaman Thiqa1RUW-DAMAN THIQA
DAMAN - NATIONAL HEALTH INSURANCE COMPANYDAMAN - NATIONAL HEALTH INSURANCE COMPANYDaman Ehanced Sahtak - ADNOCRUW-DAMAN ADNOC
THIQA-DAMANTHIQA-ABU DHABI MINISTRY OF FINANCEDaman Thiqa1RUW-DAMAN THIQA
DAMAN - MANDATE 5 - ABM FUNDED MANDATE ADMINISTRATIONTHIQA-ABU DHABI MINISTRY OF FINANCERUW - Daman ABM5RUW - DAMAN ABM
DAMAN - MANDATE 5 - ABM FUNDED MANDATE ADMINISTRATIONTHIQA-ABU DHABI MINISTRY OF FINANCERUW - Daman ABM5RUW - DAMAN ABM
Here I need Data from "O"THIQA-ABU DHABI MINISTRY OF FINANCERUW - Daman ABM5RUW - DAMAN ABM
As both "M" and "O" are empty I need data from "Q"RUW - Daman ABM5RUW - DAMAN ABM

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Can you AutoAverage in Excel?
There is a drop-down next to the AutoSum symbol. Open the drop-down to choose AVERAGE, COUNT, MAX, or MIN
Have you tried any of the formulae that have been suggested?

Upvote 0
Also this quote implies that if M3 is blank that you want to use O3 in your vlookup.

Do you only ever want to use M3 in the vlookup ?
I only need VLOOKUP if there's data in M. If M3 is blank I just want what's in O3 in N and if both M3 and O3 are blank, I want what's in Q, as per the above table.

Upvote 0
That's what the formula in post#8 does. ;)

Upvote 0
That's what the formula in post#8 does. ;)
I tried almost all, Missed that one. It worked!!! The rest for some reason, kept giving 0 when the value is only in Q. I don't know what's that about. I tried to get the data from Q in a separate column to get rid of the blanks using IF, AND, OR but i keep getting 0. But Thanks this worked!

Upvote 0
Glad we could help & thanks for the feedback.

I would (to some extent) recommend against using the IFS function, as it's less efficient than nested IF functions.

Upvote 0
Thank you! I know I've marked this as Solved, but can you help with the other question here? I am using this formula here. But, It doesn't return the Rate Plan if Primary Bill Sponsor and Primary Insurance are empty. It gives me a 0. What am I doing wrong? =IF(OR(AND(M2="",P2="",S2),M2=""),P2,M2). Thanks in Advance.

Primary Bill SponsorInsurancePri. Insurance CompanyPri. Network/Plan TypeRate Plan
THIQA-DAMAN
=IF(OR(AND(M46="",P46="",S46),M46=""),P46,M46)
THIQA-ABU DHABI MINISTRY OF FINANCEDaman Thiqa1RUW-DAMAN THIQA
Daman Ehanced Sahtak - ADNOCRUW-CASH
DAMAN - NATIONAL HEALTH INSURANCE COMPANYDAMAN - NATIONAL HEALTH INSURANCE COMPANYDaman Ehanced Sahtak - ADNOCRUW-DAMAN ADNOC
THIQA-ABU DHABI MINISTRY OF FINANCERUW - Daman ABM5RUW - DAMAN ABM
RUW - Daman ABM5RUW - DAMAN ABM

Upvote 0
As this is a totally different question, it needs a new thread. Thanks

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scottdog129

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back