Ignore Blank Cells In Grpahs

Speed

Can anyone help me out with graphs??
My selection of data has some cells which are blank. Can I ignore those blank cells when plotting a graph using the selection??
Thanks in Advance.

Excel Facts

Why does 9 mean SUM in SUBTOTAL?
It is because Sum is the 9th alphabetically in Average, Count, CountA, Max, Min, Product, StDev.S, StDev.P, Sum, VAR.S, VAR.P.
Speed - If I undersand you correctly, you should be able to do this fairly easily. Hold the Cntrl key down when making your data selection and use the mouse to select only the cells with data... skipping over the blank cells. You will get a chart that has no blank data categories.

Upvote 0
Hi Andrew,

Thnx for the quick reply.
But I do not want to leave any gaps. That is what prompted my question in the first place.
Any more help will be appreciated.

On 2002-11-07 11:50, Andrew Poulsom wrote:
Click on your chart and choose Tools, Options. On the Chart tab check "Not plotted (leave gaps)".

Upvote 0
Hi Roger,

Thnx for the fast response. But that was the way I was doing it. I thought there might be an automatic way and I can directly specify the entire range and Excel will automatically ignore the blanks. Hence my query.

Any more assistance will be highly appreciated.

On 2002-11-07 11:49, RogerC wrote:
Speed - If I undersand you correctly, you should be able to do this fairly easily. Hold the Cntrl key down when making your data selection and use the mouse to select only the cells with data... skipping over the blank cells. You will get a chart that has no blank data categories.

Upvote 0
Not sure if these are by formula of just data, but try replacing your blanks with
#n/a

You could modify your formula or, if data, use goto special blanks.

EDIT: If data, highlight the range, find nothing and replace with #n/a.
This message was edited by IML on 2002-11-07 12:06

Upvote 0
If your series data is in rows you can AutoFilter it for NonBlanks. Then the chart will only plot the visible cells.

Upvote 0
Hi Andrew,

I finally got it.

Your first solution helped me.
Instead of selecting Not Plotted (Leave Gaps) what we need to do is select Interpolated. This does the Graph Fine.

Thanks a Lot.

Speed
On 2002-11-07 12:11, Andrew Poulsom wrote:
If your series data is in rows you can AutoFilter it for NonBlanks. Then the chart will only plot the visible cells.

Upvote 0
I try some of the questions just to learn more during my lunch break. I made a chart with blank cells and tried to choose interpolate, but the option is in gray scale. Why would this happen?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alrossman

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back