I'm #BLOCKED!

mookyon

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Dear Members,

I am running on 365, with functioning STOCKHISTORY (or, at least it is completed automatically if you type stock and hits [Tab]). It used to work perfectly over the last two years.

Recently the function started to return #BLOCKED! Errors.

Unlike the typical “temporary error” #BUSY! which resolves automatically, #BLOCKED! is a real error. It returns 11 when checked w\ ERROR.TYPE. It will not resolve automatically.

E.g., if you try =STOCKHISTORY("ibm","2022-09-07") and you get a #BLOCKED! Error, then F9/calculate won’t help. You’ll need to re-enter the formula (or at least type [F2]and [ENTER]) in order to calculate.

I found no documentation for this error in this situation (almost none pertaining to other functions, except for dealing with very old macro language).

Please advise,

THX

Excel Facts

How to change case of text in Excel?
Use =UPPER() for upper case, =LOWER() for lower case, and =PROPER() for proper case. PROPER won't capitalize second c in Mccartney
Just to complement former "I'm #BLOCKED" message:
I am signed up to Office Insider @ Current (Preview) channel. Update Now responds: "You're up to date!"

Upvote 0
I think maybe your account is in violation of the Microsoft Service Agreement. I think that the Data Type functionality is only for personal use. Your spreadsheets must be making too many retrieval requests.

Or maybe it's your Trust center settings. See here.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thank you DRSteele. I appreciate your help.
It might be the case, who knows?
Notes: (1) I'm using it 100% for personal use (retired); (2) can you support this assumption buy any MS documentation reference (I found nothing specifying EUA data-type enforcement attempts by MS).
THX

Upvote 0
No, I can't - I am just suggesting possibilities.

Upvote 0
I think that the Data Type functionality is only for personal use.
It is available in Microsoft 365 Business Standard and Microsoft 365 Business Premium, but there might be more restrictions in the personal subscriptions v the business subscriptions possibly.

I have had a look around and found that someone stated the below, but not sure if it will help

"Update: I found the problem. Will post this for anyone who may run into the same glitch. I just systematically went through and disabled every privacy setting I could find (ie - no privacy limitations).
The one that made it work was in Account/Account Privacy Settings: Connected Experiences: "Let Office analyze your content to provide you with improvements." Yeah, doesn't sound like it would have anything to do with Stockhistory, but when I clicked the check box to enable this option, it cleared the #Blocked error and Stockhistory is now working fine."

Upvote 0
I know this is an older thread, but I had the same issue of being blocked or having Macros disabled I tried several web searches and followed all the instructions and still to no avail, after unchecking everything in the privacy settings I finally just added a trusted location of D:\ and checked the box for all subfolders and now it works. although not recommended by Microsoft I approve..

Thanks.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BB_Unlv

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back