I'm doing a business course and am having trouble with this excel question.

adrinakhobane123

I'm doing a business course and am having trouble with this excel question.

I need to design a spreadsheet in Excel, that keeps track of annual expenses for the company car, but have no numerical data.

The only information given is the labels needed to be used, such as main heading, date, mileage, petrol, maintenance, registration, insurance, subtotals, averages and main totals. I have no idea on where to start and the textbook isn't really helping me, so I was hoping someone on here might be able to help or at least steer me in the right direction, thanks.

Excel Facts

Waterfall charts in Excel?
Office 365 customers have access to Waterfall charts since late 2016. They were added to Excel 2019.
Aren't you supplied with some sort of data to base your expenses on.
If not I'd suggest they want you to create a hypothetical set of data from possibly other references in your texbook.
But we can't help if there is no data to manipulate !

Upvote 0
Hi there,

Here is how I would do.

Assign a sheet for each type of cost

- Maintenance: date, duration of maintenance, invoice number, cost, and average cost per day
- Journey: date, duration, petrol, mileage, destination from and to, toll fees, and average per km and per hours
- inurance and registration : date, number of type per year, amount, before and after taxes, increase rate
- Summary : create a table that is linked to all the total, then out of that create a pivot.

in each sheet i's recommend to create one table per car so you can keep track car by car.

create date, then we'll help with the rest
Regards.

Upvote 0
Best I think to have a single sheet for all costs in a single table (for all cars if there are multiple cars, for all companies if multiple companies). Some of those headings would be better as entries in single field - such as 'category'field with entries petrol, maintenance, registration or insurance.

With such an efficient setup reporting can be done simply without needing any formulas and utilising various Excel built-in data handling techniques. For example, a pivot table. The alternative of having multiple tables/worksheets for each category & for each car & for each company will lead to inefficiencies.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hanakoro

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back