I'm going to try this again... IF/THEN issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

craigwojo

Board Regular
I need a formula for cell D2.

I apologize but not using excel frequently I have lost so much knowledge I had before with an IF/THEN statement.

I'm making a spreadsheet (simple) with B2 being a validation cell with LIST. In the list are the following...
TAGS - Metal Detectable Hardback
TAGS - Non-MD Hardback
TAGS - VINYL
PLACARDS - Metal Detectable Hardback
PLACARDS - Non-MD Hardback
PLACARDS - VINYL
OTHER

Now in D2, I will have the following values for whatever B2 will display. ex. If I pull-down the menu in B2 for "TAGS - Non-MD Hardback" it should display $2.50 in cell D2. If I pull-down the menu in B2 for "PLACARDS - Metal Detectable Hardback" it should display $31.50 in cell D2, etc.

The values in the same order for items in B2 are...
$3.50
$2.50
$2.00
$31.50
$18.00
$12.50

I hope this makes sense. Thank you for understanding and assisting with this formula.

Thank you and God bless,
Craig

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Get help while writing formula
Click the italics "fx" icon to the left of the formula bar to open the Functions Arguments dialog. Help is displayed for each argument.

Fluff

MrExcel MVP, Moderator
Office Version
Platform
Windows
Are you happy creating a lookup table?
That way you could just use a Vlookup or index/match formula to return the values.

Fluff

MrExcel MVP, Moderator
Office Version
Platform
Windows
Please do not post the same question multiple times. All clarifications, follow-ups, and bumps should be posted back to the original thread.
Per forum rules, posts of a duplicate nature will be locked or deleted (rule 12 here: Forum Rules).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rajeev Muraleedharan

This Week's Hot Topics