I'm not sure which userform control to use here

mortgageman

For my biweekly biz, I have various clients to who send me checks each month. I get the checks at different times during the month, but I can easily get more than one check at once. As well, I send out money on their behalf each month. Thus I would like a list that is "connected" to a "check box" for credit or debit. I don't see a way to do this without making 2 checkboxes for each client - which would be a lot of check boxes. What I am thinking of is something similar to the way a Textbox can be "linked" (with code of course) to a spin box. Is there a control (or combination of controls) that would do this?

Excel Facts

Return population for a City
If you have a list of cities in A2:A100, use Data, Geography. Then =A2.Population and copy down.
Hello there, could you may be post about 3 or 4 rows of data to see where you will have your "debit, credit" choices.

As these choices just to know if debit or credit ie:

John Smith $450.50 debit
Jess Brian $125.00 credit

or are they supposed to modify something else.

As if was just a matter to have a debit or credit field, you could use data validation with a list meaning pretty easy to set up and you don't have to have several checkboxes.

If you really want to use a check box you could have only one for each client and tick could be debit and untick could be credit but this is cumbersome as depending on how many clients you have it could be a long task to add individual checkbox then to set the property controlsource to the cell that will hold the value. Too much time and resources consuming.

This is supposing you want your checkboxes directly on the worksheet.

I think more details or a sample are needed for people out there to give you some solution

Upvote 0
Put simply - I want a "listbox" that would allow me to choose more than one from the list at one time. Once they are choosen, there are - to make this simple - two choices for each member of the list: A (known) credit or a (known) debit. To make an analogy: I have a whole bunch of foods in the kitchen. I want to make a salad. Thus from all the foods, I would choose: lettuce, red peppers, green peppers, PR cheese and Newmans's own Italian.

I want a listbox that allows more than one choice. Does such a control exist?

Upvote 0
See the MultiSelect property...

Screen 1022060919.jpg

1022060919.jpg

Upvote 0
Thank you both - this goes a long way to doing what I need to do. I was not aware of the "mutiselect" property - shows you what reading the documentation can do for you!

One question: It seems that if I want to select items that are not "next to" each other, I have to select all the items and then use the CTRL key to deselect the ones that I don't want. Is there a less "kludgey" way to do this?

Upvote 0
Gene, if you use fmMultiSelectMulti, the selection process is simply click to select and click again to deselect. See the attached for an example of this behavior. No keyboard interact is needed at all...

GeneMultiSelect.zip

Upvote 0
Ok - got it. I initially was confused with all that SHIFT and CRTL stuff from the help that you posted.

Thanks again

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Guest1337

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back