Image from URL

rik1603

Hello all,

Having a bit of a problem with images in Excel :confused:

I have sheet2 which contains on over 5,000 products with values such as product code, description, price etc and the image URL.

In sheet1 I have a 'quote form' which exacts the relevant information using a vlookup and displays it in a presentable format.

All works fine except I need a solution to show the image in the quote from by looking up the product code.

My preferance would be to embed the image from the url into a cell using a vlookup but if anyone has any soltuions to this I would be grateful.

Thanks!

Excel Facts

Using Function Arguments with nested formulas
If writing INDEX in Func. Arguments, type MATCH(. Use the mouse to click inside MATCH in the formula bar. Dialog switches to MATCH.
If the above isn't possible, as a quick fix, does anyone know how to turn a URL into a hyper link?

I.E. cell O2 contains a URL, I would like cell P2 to show 'Click here' with a hyper link to cell O2's URL.

Obviously the original post is my preference but if anyone could provide a formula for this one it would certainly get me by!

Thanks.

Upvote 0
If the above isn't possible, as a quick fix, does anyone know how to turn a URL into a hyper link?

I.E. cell O2 contains a URL, I would like cell P2 to show 'Click here' with a hyper link to cell O2's URL.

Obviously the original post is my preference but if anyone could provide a formula for this one it would certainly get me by!

Thanks.

For future reference if anyone needs to solve the above problem you can just use the HYPERLINK function (doh!)

Upvote 0
I guess my original plan ins't possible then? (Showing an image from a url via a vlookup or similar)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aivin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back