Imitating P&L

cdhamo

First of all I apologise if my question sounds simple. I thought my knowledge of excel was advanced, but I've only touched on the surface.

I'm looking at imitating a P&L scenario.

I've got the first worksheet showing accounts down the side, and summary of amounts categorised monthly.

I have more worksheets separated into say income and expenses.

These worksheets have a drop down list for the account type, referring to data from the first worksheet.

I want to place a formula in the first worksheet say under January, saying something like, go to the income worksheet, filter/look for any rows containing "printing" in the account column, filter/look for rows showing entries with January date, then add the total column.

I hope this makes sense. I hope that someone can assist me with the formula that I need, without having to manually filter for the date, & text.

Thank you.

Excel Facts

Can you AutoAverage in Excel?
There is a drop-down next to the AutoSum symbol. Open the drop-down to choose AVERAGE, COUNT, MAX, or MIN
Hi and welcome to MrExcel.

I guess the reason why you haven't received a reply yet is due to the lack of sample data and expected results, you can post sample data using the link in my signature.

It sounds like you will need a SUMIFS or SUMPRODUCT formula to solve this.

The following is sample data and example results, it is not a true interpretation of your question.

Sample data....

Excel Workbook
ABCDE
1Data1DateAmount
2Printing01/01/20131000
3Other01/01/2013500
4Printing30/01/20131000
5Printing01/02/20132000
6Printing02/02/20132000
7Other02/02/2013500
8Printing20/03/20133000
9Printing30/04/20134000
10Other01/03/2013500
11Other01/04/2013500
Income

Example results....

Excel Workbook
ABCDEF
1JanuaryFebruaryMarchApril
Master

I hope that helps to explain what you need to post so that people can see what it is you are trying to achieve.

Ak

Upvote 0
Thank you for your kind response. I have created a website with an example of my template. Website is Excel Example - Home First, I have created a cell reference from the first sheet called "Income" which is say from B6:B9. On the second sheet, I have a drop down box in the E column referring to "Income". What I would like to do now, is from the second sheet (Income), which ever row has "print" mentioned, I would like the data to carry across to the 3rd sheet into the relevant fields. I would also like the second sheet to sum the amounts that are dated in January 13, and group them into their categories, and show them in the first sheet in the C column. Thank you so much.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cancansova

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back