Immediate Attention Required

jerry8989

I have an access front and back end databases. All the tables reside on the back end and are linked through the front end. When I try and edit a specific query it does not show the correct toolbar. There is now way to switch from Design view to sql view or to data view. When I try and click on "File", "View" or "Tools" nothing happens. It seems locked. Other queries within this front end database work fine. When I copy it to a different machine the query works fine. I did do a compact and repair and I did restart the computer. I don't think it's courrpt because I have an older version of the front end that I know worked fine and that is doing the same thing. Any help would be great.

Thank You

Excel Facts

When they said...
When they said you are going to "Excel at life", they meant you "will be doing Excel your whole life".
Can you recreate the offending query and if so, does the same happen with the new query?

Upvote 0
I can't get to that queries sql statement. It's a pretty big query. It works on 1 computer but not the other 1. It's weird how it just locks down the toolbar and doesn't allow me to edit the query in any way. The run button doesn't even show up when I go into design view. I was going to reinstall but other big queries work and that query works in an older version of the front end.

Upvote 0
If it works on another computer, can't you see the SQL View there? I know this is extra work, but if you cut and paste to a file from the other computer, you could create a new query on the offending computer, open the file on that computer and cut and paste into the SQL View of the new query. Might get you going.

Upvote 0
Figured it out

Thanks for your help what you suggested is what I ended up doing. This machine sucks. I reinstalled Access 2003 and everything worked but there is another problem. I will start a new thread for that.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back