import data from PDF into excel sheet with the same structure

Hasson

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
hello

I put this link VBA Express : Excel - get the data from PDF file into Excel sheet(s) or text file(s) you can see the code . I don't attach code because is too big.

so the code import all of data from file pdf into one column A into sheet excel . I search for way if it's possible I have the data into table for about 4 or 5... columns from pdf file should import with the same structure into excel sheet in columns A,B,C,D.... and the same thing with separated cells instead of into one column A . like the same thing as in import specific sheet from file to another . I hope my question is logic as for VBA
thanks

Excel Facts

How can you turn a range sideways?
Copy the range. Select a blank cell. Right-click, Paste Special, then choose Transpose.
Do you need to do this programatically? If not, you can open the .pdf doc with Word then simply copy the table into Excel.

Upvote 0
Easiest way is with Power Query. Look at this video. PQ is called Get and Transform in 2016 and found on the Data Tab

Upvote 0
thanks

choice PDF is not available in office version . it just seem in office365 .

I don't see PQ in the ribbon. how should show?
sorry I have no experience with PQ. may you guide me ?

Upvote 0
In your version, PQ is called Get & Transform Data and is found on the Data Tab of the Ribbon.

Upvote 0
ok I got it , but is not available PDF with office 2019 as in the video . is there difference with office 2016?

Upvote 0
Sadly, as you can see in this link, it is a 365 option which I did not realize.

Upvote 0
@Hasson
Maybe. But Power Query is quick and easy and no code required. Can all be done in the UI.

Power Query is a free AddIn for Excel 2010 and 2013, and is built-in functionality from Excel 2016 onwards (where it is referred to as "Get & Transform Data").

It is a powerful yet simple way of getting, changing and using data from a broad variety of sources, creating steps which may be easily repeated and refreshed. I strongly recommend learning how to use Power Query - it's among the most powerful functionalities of Excel.

- Follow this link to learn how to install Power Query in Excel 2010 / 2013.

- Follow this link for an introduction to Power Query functionality.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandomExceller01

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back