Import Lotus Notes database into Excel?

c_hickie

Hi All!

Was wondering if anyone knows a way to easily import a Lotus Notes database (.NSF) into Excel? I think there are utilities out there that will do it, but am looking into a one time use. Any help is appreciated!

TIA

Excel Facts

Why does 9 mean SUM in SUBTOTAL?
It is because Sum is the 9th alphabetically in Average, Count, CountA, Max, Min, Product, StDev.S, StDev.P, Sum, VAR.S, VAR.P.
Never used Lotus Notes, so I don't know the structure, but... many programs can be persuaded to spit out something employing a commonly-used file structure (dBase) or a generic one (csv). Try matching your export (Lotus) with your import (Excel) capabilities.

Good luck.

Upvote 0
Never used Lotus Notes, so I don't know the structure, but... many programs can be persuaded to spit out something employing a commonly-used file structure (dBase) or a generic one (csv). Try matching your export (Lotus) with your import (Excel) capabilities.

Good luck.

Upvote 0

Good luck.

Upvote 0
On 2002-09-26 09:24, c_hickie wrote:
Hi All!

Was wondering if anyone knows a way to easily import a Lotus Notes database (.NSF) into Excel? I think there are utilities out there that will do it, but am looking into a one time use. Any help is appreciated!

TIA

It´s not an easy task because it´s subject to how the database is built-up and what kind of documents are stored in the database.

One possibly solution is to open the database in Lotus Notes, choose the command Files | Export and save it in the format "Tabular Text" (fixed widht).

Open it in XL and run the "Text to column-guide"

Good luck,
Dennis

Upvote 0
That worked great using the tabular text format. It may not have worked if I didn't have a program called Monarch. I was able to export it and open it in Monarch and manipulate it all over then finally send to Excel where it is needed. Thanks!!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandomExceller01

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back