Import multiple data sources into worksheet

mabbott

Hi all,

I currently have a workbook which consists of a worksheet for each financial week of the year to which I manually copy daily volume and vehicle capcities into according to which week they refer to. After the data is copied over I am then adding VLOOKUP and other formuals to analyze this data

I would like to create a marco that automatically imports the data and formats it according to my needs and also adding the formulas that I'm using.

The data that I wish to import gets sent to me as an .xls file and is named according to the day it covers for example "9418GR - OTOLQL - Shipment Volume - Mon-12-Jul-10.xls".

My questions more refers to actually the import process as the file name changed daily...can this be written into the marco? Also how do I specify which worksheet the data gets copied to.

Thanks for all help in advance!!

Excel Facts

Round to nearest half hour?
Use =MROUND(A2,"0:30") to round to nearest half hour. Use =CEILING(A2,"0:30") to round to next half hour.
Hi all,

I currently have a workbook which consists of a worksheet for each financial week of the year to which I manually copy daily volume and vehicle capcities into according to which week they refer to. After the data is copied over I am then adding VLOOKUP and other formuals to analyze this data

I would like to create a marco that automatically imports the data and formats it according to my needs and also adding the formulas that I'm using.

The data that I wish to import gets sent to me as an .xls file and is named according to the day it covers for example "9418GR - OTOLQL - Shipment Volume - Mon-12-Jul-10.xls".

My questions more refers to actually the import process as the file name changed daily...can this be written into the marco? Also how do I specify which worksheet the data gets copied to.

Thanks for all help in advance!!

You could probably use something like this to capture the changing days.

Workbooks.Open Filename:="D:\Common\data\excel\9418GR-OTOLQL-Shipment Volume- " & Format(DateAdd("d", 0, Date), "ddd-dd-mmm-yy") & ".xls"

And you could use the macro recorder to record a session for placing your formulas and vlookups. At least that would get you started.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariah3

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back