Import Multiple JSON files from folder

MidzX

They may have been asked before but I can't find a specific thread that combats this problem.

I'm trying to dynamically import .json files as they are placed in a folder within an excel in order to track metrics. I can import a singular file just fine, format it and then add an additional column which generates a timestamp.

Yxsau_0-1617978152382.png

However, when I try to replicate this with a folder of .json files, the new files just add columns instead of rows?
Yxsau_1-1617978180034.png

What I want is for new files to be appended onto the bottom of the table like this: -

Yxsau_2-1617978512818.png

Any ideas how I could achieve this? If it helps my .json file is formatted like this: -

{"accountNumber":"76329873","category1":"redp","q1":"yes","q2":"no","q3":"yes","q4":"yes","q5":"yes"}

{"header":"value","header":value"}

The end goal is for this to be stored on a Sharepoint site and a bin folder to store all of the json files. So if any of you have any crafty VBA solutions I'd love to hear if they could incorporate a sharepoint folder over a static FSO folder. I'm working on this myself too so feel free to discuss even if you don't know the answer! just trying to get an idea of how it can be done.

Excel Facts

Does the VLOOKUP table have to be sorted?
No! when you are using an exact match, the VLOOKUP table can be in any order. Best-selling items at the top is actually the best.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greyangel23

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back