import .txt orders file to create Purchase Orders

KauaiKid

Hi,

Thank you for your time reading this and for any ideas you have! I am wanting to take a .txt that contains customer order information and convert it into purchase orders that can be emailed to my suppliers. The email could be an excel spreadsheet or PDF.

The information imported would be in columns and would look something like the headers below. There would be a line for each order so there may be 5 - 50 rows of orders.

Order#, First Name, Last Name, Street, City, St, Zip, Vendor, Ship Via, Item#, Description, Quantity

I would like to take each order line (row) and create a Purchase Order. The order number would become the purchase order number and each order would be saved as it's own file. If possible the Vendor field would then populate additional PO information specific to that vendor. I would like the item number field to prompt the cost field to add the vendor's price.

EASY, HARD, IMPOSSIBLE? I've played around with lookup, but its bring the orders in that will save time and avoid errors.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Can a formula spear through sheets?
Use =SUM(January:December!E7) to sum E7 on all of the sheets from January through December

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartinLarkin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back