Importing a file using 'TransferText'

Moxioron

Office Version
  1. 2019
Hello all.

I am importing a tab delimited file, or trying to.

Here is my code:

DoCmd.TransferText acImportDelim, "Import-VISA Statement Index from PSCU", "tbl_VISA Statement Index from PSCU", "R:\DEPT-BR\CONSUMER LENDING\VISA\VISA Statements\VISA Statement Index from PSCU.txt", True

The Import-VISA Statement Index from PSCU is my saved import. But I get a run time error '3625' with a message 'The text file specification Import-VISA Statement INdext from PSCU does not exits. You cannot import, export, or link using the specification'

Any guess as to why I am getting this message? Thanks for your help.

Excel Facts

Get help while writing formula
Click the italics "fx" icon to the left of the formula bar to open the Functions Arguments dialog. Help is displayed for each argument.
These import/export specifications are giving you fits, eh?

Did you create an Import Specification named "Import-VISA Statement Index from PSCU"? Make sure you don't have any typos.
It should be easy to confirm if you have one. Just go through the steps of manually importing the text file, click the Advanced Tab, and click Specs and it will list all your saved Import Specifications.

Also, you can build that line of code you need by creating a Macro using the TransferText command. When you click on the Specification Name argument, it will list them all. Just select the correct one. Then save your macro. Then if you use the "Convert Macros to Visual Basic" functionality, it will convert your macro to the VBA code you need.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
excelknuckles

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back