Importing Data from an Access Database into excel, without linked tables

Ostrich21

Hi All,

Bar those who don't believe/celebrate in Christmas, Hope you all had a good Christmas and New Year celebrations.

I have two sets of data, lets call them 2013 and 2014. I have a Spreadsheet already set up in excel, but currently I just past this information into a tab in excel (which isn't ideal at all), and given the data is growing, is slowing down my excel spreadsheet a lot.

I have some experience with Access, SQL and queries.

What I have done thus far is to link my Access DB with Excel, run a query and paste the resulting table from the query into excel all using VBA (easy peasy).

The problem i have is that the table is still linked, and i do not want or need it to be linked. I know that there is a "Unlink" Option, which is not what i need, and also a "Convert to Range" option which is also not what i need, but closer. This got me thinking, is it possible to import the data into an array (all in VBA in excel from the query in the SQL) and then i can paste that information into my Excel spreadsheet, or is there a better method?

Would appreciate any Help.

Thanks

Claudio

Excel Facts

Best way to learn Power Query?
Read M is for (Data) Monkey book by Ken Puls and Miguel Escobar. It is the complete guide to Power Query.
Claudio

You can use ADO to connect to the database, run the query and return the results in a recordset.

Then you can transfer the data from the recordset to the workbook.

Upvote 0
Thanks Norie.

I've not used ADO much (at least not knowingly). Could you direct me to a guide on using ADO?

Thanks

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melvetica

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back