Importing Data From Excel to Excel

AccountantCPA

Question,

Clients give us data which we apply references to called "tick marks". However, oftentimes they send us updated versions of the data which causes us to have to re-reference the whole data set. Is their a way that I can import the new data over the current data in a way that keeps the "tick-marks" but just updates the data?

Excel Facts

How to show all formulas in Excel?
Press Ctrl+` to show all formulas. Press it again to toggle back to numbers. The grave accent is often under the tilde on US keyboards.
Welcome to the Board!!

You should provide more samples of your data layout. In your case a snap shot would be better.

Upvote 0
Example.png

This is an example. I just threw together some data. The red letters represent tick-marks. I would like to keep the tick marks but import a new excel file version from the client into excel that would update any numbers that need to be updated.

Upvote 0
FYI the tick-marks are like pictures that can be resized and moved over top of the cell. Would also like to keep the cell format while importing instead of the cell adapting to the imported file cell format if possible

Upvote 0
Looks like this will have to be done via VBA. Have you looked at wingdongs font to see if they have a symbol for a tick mark? I think that would be a better then putting pics.

Upvote 0
Looks like this will have to be done via VBA. Have you looked at wingdongs font to see if they have a symbol for a tick mark? I think that would be a better then putting pics.

I am not familiar with wingdongs font. Also, I am aware of what VBA is, but have never used it. If you give me the code and tell me how to put it in, I can possibly figure it out. I know I am asking a lot, but if I can figure this out, it will save a ton of hours on this project.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CantExcel123

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back