Importing from Access to Excel

WxShady13

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. Mobile
I have connected my Access DB to an Excel file and all works perfectly except it does not bring in my 2nd column. It uses my first column as the default numbering format (ex. 1,2,3,etc) and then skips the 2nd and all others are correct. How can I get it to pull in the columns just like in the Access DB?

ParentID should be a name, ID should be the ParentID

Last edited:

Excel Facts

How to calculate loan payments in Excel?
Use the PMT function: =PMT(5%/12,60,-25000) is for a $25,000 loan, 5% annual interest, 60 month loan.
Problem with Columns.png

Upvote 0
If by "connected" you mean you imported a sheet into Access as a linked table, then I have no idea as I've never seen that, although I can't recall if I've ever done that where a sheet had any hidden columns. If "connected" means something else, state how because I think that will be important.

Upvote 0
Yes I imported it and on the DB form the field is not hidden. The only thing I can think of is that the field is a drop down in Access so I didn't know if that would cause it not to pull in.

Upvote 0
I mentioned that the sheet column might be hidden, not something on a form.
Now I suspect that your combo is based on a table field where you have made that field a lookup field in the table itself. AFAIK, you cannot import into a lookup field in a table. Just one of several reasons why experienced developers don't use them. Or the field in question is a multi value field, in which case the same comment applies.

Upvote 0
Thank you for the information. I just imported the Payment table and the Parent Info table and did a vlookup to resolve the ParentID. It will work for what I need and build an easier front end for the clerk. Again I am very grateful for your time and information.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DET4492

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back