bearcub

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2013
  3. 2010
  4. 2007
Platform
  1. Windows
I imported a form from one db to another and I seemed to have lost some of the form functionality.

Before the form was imported (in the original DB) all the fields would update when I selected a member from a combo box.

However, the imported form doesn't do this. None of the fields respond to the combo box selecton. They remain blank - don't update.. It's like someone they were disconnected from the table that the form (the control source).

Is this typical or did do something wrong when I imported it? The only change I made to the form was changin the name field from Indivual to Display Name. Could this have created the disconnect?

Thank you for your help,

Michael

Excel Facts

Quick Sum
Select a range of cells. The total appears in bottom right of Excel screen. Right-click total to add Max, Min, Count, Average.
Could this have created the disconnect?
Certainly. You might also have neglected to import the query and/or table that supports the form.
You will have to look at every place the old name might have been used and fix it. Simpler to just put it back the way it was, and if you don't like the field name, use an alias (can't tell you where since I can't see the db; maybe the table itself, or query) or change a form label caption to suit.

Upvote 0
Thank you, I was thinking that would be the best approach - just to use the original name of the field. I looked at all the other fields and they are linked to the table name (I do have all the supporting tables in the DB so that wouldn't be the problem.

Tomorrow, I'll rename the field then re import the form. Hopefully that would work. Otherwise, I'll just rebuild the form from scratch.

Thank you for the suggestion.

Michael

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocbudda

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back