importing html into excel (Office 2000) on Windows 2000

leena

Hi,

I'm having trouble importing a html file into Excel2000 running on Windows 2000.

The formulas in the spreadsheet don't appear to be recognising the cell contents as numbers (even though the cell format box - says that they are) . As a result my column totals are 0!

The import and formatting works beautifully on 95, 98, NT4 (whether running Office97 or 2000).

When the file is imported, a bit of formatting takes place - changing background colours and all the numeric columns from 'General' to 'Currency' so they should add up..

I've tried to attach the spreadsheet to illustrate but colo's utility just gives me a blank spreadsheet insert. All other spreadsheets I try to insert work fine.

If it helps. When the spreadsheet is opened, the font type is 'Arial Unicode MS'?!! - doesn't make any difference if I change it.

Would be grateful for any help.

Leena
This message was edited by leena on 2002-10-03 11:34

Excel Facts

Square and cube roots
The =SQRT(25) is a square root. For a cube root, use =125^(1/3). For a fourth root, use =625^(1/4).
The html is imported dynamically by a macro in the spreadsheet. will the paste special still work?

Also - I'm wondering if it's some bizzare option that not set in excel 2000 in Windows 2000.

Upvote 0
I have been looking for a macro that automatically pulls it into ecel is there any way you could share with me? :)

Upvote 0
I gave up on any sort of paste that involves an html source, unless I Paste Special-Values.

My machine (yes, it's o-l-d ) just about locks up.

Upvote 0
Brenkenathan,.

I may have been a little misleading in my original post. What I actually do is kick off excel from inside a java application and ask it to open an excel spreadsheet with the following code:

Workbooks.Open FileName:=location + "C:TempFile.htm", ReadOnly:= true

This opens the html file into excel and puts the relevant data into cells. U then need to do a little formatting in the form of;

Columns("D").NumberFormat = "$#,##0.00"

to correct and set the format.

HOWEVER: THIS DOES NOT SEEM TO WORK ON WIN2000 OFFICE2000 - Hence my problem.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DannyC96

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back