Importing PDF Tables into Excel, exporting into word templates

PelleSnubbelfot

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi,

So this is sort of a multiple questions post, i will do my best to get this out in a structured way. New to VBA but learning. So this is what i want to do;

I currently work with placing alot of transportation bookings. I get them all back in PDF-format, and then there's alot of manual labor pulling the correct info out and into other systems/documents.
These different bookings can be placed with multiple different companies, so they all look different. They all contain some of the same data that im after though.
So; Transport company A, B, and C.

What i am hoping for is a way to populate a row of cells with information like "from" and "to" and "reference" which all can be found in these different pdf's.
Can this be done using 3 different macro buttons, one for each company, or is there a better way? Hoping for a way for a macro to recognize the pdf is too much to hope for?

After that i am going to want to use that data to fill in already generated word templates, but i have 30-50 to choose from. Is this doable, and are there any general recommendations to take notice of?

Thank you in advance!

Excel Facts

Whats the difference between CONCAT and CONCATENATE?
The newer CONCAT function can reference a range of cells. =CONCATENATE(A1,A2,A3,A4,A5) becomes =CONCAT(A1:A5)
To continue on rambling about my own question; as i am using 365, i understand that this is a newly added feature using pdf.tables ?

Upvote 0
You can import .PDF files into Power Query and then load them into Native Excel.

You can then manipulate your data as needed as it will now be in Excel Format.
Hi,

Thanks for the reply!
Is it reasonable to believe that i can also automate the task via macros? That's my current aim.
That i will be able to make macros that can recognize the different types of pdfs and pull the required data into a worksheet, with the data being of the same format regardless of pdf?

Upvote 0
Word can open pdfs, too, potentially obviating the need for all the circumlocution.
Thanks for the reply! My line of reasoning was that as i work towards a multitude of companies, which means i get pdfs of various formats in return, excel would be a more powerful tool when it comes to the first step of structuring up the data i want in an identical fashion before pushing that data onto a template?
In my example above i use companies A, B, and C, when in reality it's around 10 different companies returning their own version of a booking confirmation to me.

Upvote 0
If you know what you're looking for, Word has a quite powerful Find function (plus others) that may obviate the need to restructure the data - simply locate it then send it direct to a new document based on the template.

Upvote 0
If you know what you're looking for, Word has a quite powerful Find function (plus others) that may obviate the need to restructure the data - simply locate it then send it direct to a new document based on the template.
Thanks! I'll take a look at it!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
grijken

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back