Importing Stock data into new cell, only on Positive Condition

Mike Slattery

Board Regular
Column has dates in first cell, only when conditions in other cells are met.

I want to produce a condensed Column of this data, in a new Column that eliminates all rows of data without the dates, with no blank spaces, meaning that the cells where the conditions were not met are eliminated from the columns and rows of data?

I have accomplished limited success by sorting the field but the only way I can get the correct order puts the target data at the bottom the sorted columns. I would then need another condition to determine where this condensed target data starts.

Hope this is not clear as mud ;√)

I am obvious trying to get around a Macro.

Any ideas?

Thanks Michael

Excel Facts

What is the last column in Excel?
Excel columns run from A to Z, AA to AZ, AAA to XFD. The last column is XFD.
without VBA you can try something like this. in columnA on new sheet =if(oldsheet!A1<>"",oldsheet!A1,"") and copy down for as much as you need. then in B1 = iferror(vlookup($A1,oldsheet!$A$1:$E$20,2,"") and drag across to E or as far as you need changing the range E20 to match what you need. once you drag right and edit each formula to look at the next column in the range by changing ,2 to ,3 and ,4 and ,5 and so on. then you will be able to select the row from B1 to ?? and drag down. then new sheet will populate based on those cells with a date in them and then do a sort on only column A of the new sheet.

Upvote 0
Hello Drrellik:

Christmas has interfered with the really important stuff, I will try your solution this evening,

thanks for your assistance,

Michael

Upvote 0
Hi Drrellik:

I really don't want this to be in a new sheet. Is there a way around that element in your solution.

Thanks, Michael

Upvote 0
Hi Drrellik:

I really don't want this to be in a new sheet. Is there a way around that element in your solution.

Thanks, Michael

If I am using this in a new sheet the only information on this sheet is the two formulas you provided. Nothing to drag and capture in the second formula.

I have little doubt that there is something fundamental that I am missing in you original post, My fault not your.

Thanks Michael

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ksonnia

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back