Importing Variable PowerQuery Information into a Specific Cell

kohltonyork

Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
Here is the link to my spreadsheet, will be needed to see what I’m doing (is a copy so changes can be made freely):

I have been putting this spreadsheet together using many Power Queries to break down advanced statistics in NBA games. I have ran into a problem that I can’t seem to get around for whatever reason.

In my Slate Matchups sheet, you will see a table, in this case A1:B:11. The problem I am having is that the number of games change from night to night. In this case there is 10 games tonight. I need the information from A2 into K4. I need the information from B2 into M4. When scrolling down you will also see I need the information from A3 into K37 and B3 into M37. This continues for as many games as there are a night. Seems simple enough I tried putting =$A$2 into K4 respectively and it works. The problem occurs in the homemade tables created below.

Let’s say there is only 6 games the following night, only 6 matchups appear in the top right corner so the bottom 4 homemade tables go unused. That turns the formula used in the K and M columns into a #REF error and if the following night returns to a 10 game matchup I have to renter the formula for each #REF error.

How can I avoid this? The table starting at A1 is imported through a PowerQuery. I don’t know if that’s what’s causing the issue but it is a vital function I need from my spreadsheet. I appreciate any help I can get, thank you!

Excel Facts

How to find 2nd largest value in a column?
MAX finds the largest value. =LARGE(A:A,2) will find the second largest. =SMALL(A:A,3) will find the third smallest

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocbudda

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back