Improve Time to Copy Worksheet & VBA to delete Columns

jewkes6000

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I have a workbook where I've created a template on one worksheet called "Master Cost Tracker". The idea is to create a copy of this worksheet every time you have a new version of a cost tracker. The problem is that it takes about 30 seconds to copy this worksheet. There are a lot of formulas on this worksheet which may be why it's taking so long to copy. I have a macro which copies the worksheet, then deletes any rows/data which are not needed for that particular version; however, it doesn't matter if you copy the sheet through VBA or manually, it's takes a very long time either way. Here is a link to the workbook.

In the macro "Create_New_Cost_Tracker", after copying the worksheet template, the macro deletes columns not needed. This portion of the macro also takes a very long time.

Any help or ideas on improving the performance would be much appreciated.

Here is a link to the workbook:

Excel Facts

Do you hate GETPIVOTDATA?
Prevent GETPIVOTDATA. Select inside a PivotTable. In the Analyze tab of the ribbon, open the dropown next to Options and turn it off
I just found out that be changing my macro code to hide the columns rather then deleting them, it significantly improved the performance. It took about 30 seconds to deleting the columns and about 2 seconds to hide them.

Now I just need to figure out how to improve the performance in copying the template worksheet????

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sweeberry

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back