daleholden

Board Regular
HI Guys

Please see attached image re problem I have question written on image

I have added the Spreadsheet here as well

PLease can you help

Excel Facts

Control Word Wrap
Press Alt+Enter to move to a new row in a cell. Lets you control where the words wrap.
If you Custom Format the cell using this Type pattern, you will see the number of hours over 24...

[h]:mm

Upvote 0
Hi Rick still does not help my formula in E21 i have 23 hours which should equal to PHP 2300 but it says PHP 96
Sorry, I misunderstood... I didn't download your file, I only looked at your picture. If I understand correctly, you want to retrieve the total number of hours. If that is correct, you could use this formula...

=TEXT(E21,"[h]")

Upvote 0
Sorry, I misunderstood... I didn't download your file, I only looked at your picture. If I understand correctly, you want to retrieve the total number of hours. If that is correct, you could use this formula...

=TEXT(E21,"[h]")

HI E5 - E18 has a IF formula working out the hours worked. E19 adds these up =SUM(E5:E18) but i need the result to be a solid number so not 9:00 but 9. This is because E21 has a sum e20 x e19

It currently is working this out wrong

Upvote 0
HI E5 - E18 has a IF formula working out the hours worked. E19 adds these up =SUM(E5:E18) but i need the result to be a solid number so not 9:00 but 9. This is because E21 has a sum e20 x e19

It currently is working this out wrong
I am still not clear on your actual need here, but let me take a guess. If you want the SUM formula in cell E19 (which I am guessing is summing a set of individual time values) to report the whole number of hours, then change it to this...

=TEXT(SUM(E5:E18),"[h]")

The key here is for you to put whatever has or is returning the time value in for what I have highlighted in red.

Upvote 0
I am still not clear on your actual need here, but let me take a guess. If you want the SUM formula in cell E19 (which I am guessing is summing a set of individual time values) to report the whole number of hours, then change it to this...

=TEXT(SUM(E5:E18),"[h]")

The key here is for you to put whatever has or is returning the time value in for what I have highlighted in red.

Q1 When i enter a time into C5 the start time column. E5 =IF(D5<C5,D5+1,D5)-C5 populates with an answer.
I would only like E5 to report the answer when C5 Start Time & D5 Finish Time have been populated.

Q2. How can make the cells c5-18 d5-18 add a mask so the user has to add the time in the correct format 9:00 AM or 9:00pm not 21:00 hrs?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DET4492

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back