In need of a formula wizard for calculations.....

HeidiTL

I really need some help with a formula for a cell to calculate a figure based on another cell.

Below is an illustration of the formulas that are needed. I am trying to take a backdoor approach the cell formula due to I am unable to use the indirect process like with multiple sheets in excel on a form application within dreamweaver.

SELECTION NUMBER1-15 (CAN BE SELECTED)
TOTAL AMOUNT1000.00
FPIF SECTION NUMBER IS 1 THEN THIS CELL WILL BE 100% OF THE TOTAL AMOUNT.IF THE SELECTION NUMBER IS 2 THEN THIS CELL WILL BE 60% OF THE TOTAL AMOUNT
SPIF SECTION NUMBER IS 1 THEN THIS CELL WILL BE 0% OF THE TOTAL AMOUNT. IF THE SELECTION NUMBER IS 2 THEN THIS CELL WILL BE 40% OF THE TOTAL AMOUNT
TPIF SECTION NUMBER IS 1 THEN THIS CELL WILL BE 0% OF THE TOTAL AMOUNT. IF THE SELECTION NUMBER IS 2 THEN THIS CELL WILL BE 0% OF THE TOTAL AMOUNT. iF SECTION NUMBER IS 3 THEN THIS CELL WILL BE 35% OF THE TOTAL AMOUNT

<tbody>
</tbody>

thanks! Heidi

Excel Facts

Copy a format multiple times
Select a formatted range. Double-click the Format Painter (left side of Home tab). You can paste formatting multiple times. Esc to stop
Try this in cell B3

=IF($B$1=1,$B$2,IF($B$1=2,$B$2*0.6,""))

Try this in cell B4

=IF($B$1=1,0,IF($B$1=2,$B$2*0.4,""))

Try this in cell B5

=IF($B$1=1,0,IF($B$1=2,0,IF($B$1=3,$B$2*0.35,"")))

Upvote 0
Tried this and it did not work. Thank you for your time.

Try this in cell B3

=IF($B$1=1,$B$2,IF($B$1=2,$B$2*0.6,""))

Try this in cell B4

=IF($B$1=1,0,IF($B$1=2,$B$2*0.4,""))

Try this in cell B5

=IF($B$1=1,0,IF($B$1=2,0,IF($B$1=3,$B$2*0.35,"")))

Upvote 0
The formulas I set forth is based on the way you have it laid out. Perhaps the references need to be adjusted. Is the number 1000 in cell B2 in your sheet, and is the selection choice in cell B1 ?

Upvote 0
I can get the excel sheet to correctly out put the numbers by using indirect with multiple sheets. I am now trying to create a webpage in Dreamwaver MX using calculated fields within a Form to calculate the formula. Because the form can not reference the multiple sheets like excel. I have to create the formula for the text box within the form to calculate the number properly. I was hoping that the Form Calculation extention that I am using in Dreamweaver could do that based on the formulas you sent me with tweaking with the field numbers and text box numbers but unfortunately it will not. I guess I will have to figure out php now...

Feel free to let me know your thoughts.

The formulas I set forth is based on the way you have it laid out. Perhaps the references need to be adjusted. Is the number 1000 in cell B2 in your sheet, and is the selection choice in cell B1 ?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenyanscott

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back