In Need Of...

ksagert

Hey Everyone

I am trying to get a report for work, and I have a specific idea of what I need to do.

ABCDEF
1SKUDescriptionO/HO/OPriceClearance
2123456Candy10519.94If E2 Ends in a 4, F2=Y. If E2 Ends in anything else except for 4, then F2=N. In this case F2=N
3987654Pop599.94If E3 Price ends in a 4, F3=Y. If E3 ends in anything else except for 4, then F3=NIn this case, F3=Y

<tbody>
</tbody>

Does anyone know how to make this work for me??

Excel Facts

What did Pito Salas invent?
Pito Salas, working for Lotus, popularized what would become to be pivot tables. It was released as Lotus Improv in 1989.
Ok, but why would E2 be "N" ?

You can try something like....in F2

=IF(--RIGHT(E2,1)<>4,"N","Y")

though I'm a little shaky on whether it will do what you need

Upvote 0
Ok, but why would E2 be "N" ?

You can try something like....in F2

=IF(--RIGHT(E2,1)<>4,"N","Y")

though I'm a little shaky on whether it will do what you need
I think your formula will incorrectly return "Y" for values ending in .40 (such as 123.40) or values ending in 4.00 (such as 54.00). This formula, on the other hand, appears to work correctly for all values...

=IF(MOD(100*E2,10)=4,"Y","N")

Upvote 0
I agree Rick, I am a little confused as to what the OP's final outcome needed to be.

"If E2 Ends in a 4, F2=Y. If E2 Ends in anything else except for 4, then F2=N. In this case F2=NO"

If you have a minute, could you explain what the MOD is doing? I'm not getting my head around it.

<tbody>
</tbody>

Last edited:
Upvote 0
What I need my final outcome to be, if the price ends with a 4 I need that cell to produce a Y, and if it ends in anything else I need it to produce a N

Upvote 0
What I need my final outcome to be, if the price ends with a 4 I need that cell to produce a Y, and if it ends in anything else I need it to produce a N
We know what you said, but your example said something different. This is from your original message...
Hey Everyone

I am trying to get a report for work, and I have a specific idea of what I need to do.

A
B
C
D
E
F
SKU
Description
O/H
O/O
Price
Clearance
Candy
If E2 Ends in a 4, F2=Y. If E2 Ends in anything else except for 4, then F2=N. In this case F2=N
Pop
If E3 Price ends in a 4, F3=Y. If E3 ends in anything else except for 4, then F3=NIn this case, F3=Y

<TBODY>
</TBODY>

Does anyone know how to make this work for me??
Look at what I highlighted in red... our question is why is F2 supposed to equal N instead of Y?

By the way... did you try the formula I posted in Message #3... I think it does what you want.

Upvote 0

Are the prices always two-decimal figures?

And what are expected results for:

<tbody>
</tbody>
in D2:D6?

Upvote 0
If you have a minute, could you explain what the MOD is doing? I'm not getting my head around it.
MOD returns the remainder after dividing the first argument by the second argument. Basically, it is (probably) how you first learned division. For example, consider this difvision...

11/4

when you first learned division, you did not calculate this to be 2.75, rather, you (probably) were taught the answer was 2 with a remainder of 3... the MOD function returns that remainder. So...

MOD(11,4) ==> 3

So then, what does MOD(number,10) do... it you work it out, you will find it returns the last number because that is the remainder after dividing a number by 10. Now, to get the last number from the OP's values into the correct position, we need to multiply it by 100 (because it is money) so as to "get rid of" the decimal point and make the "pennies position become the last value in a whole number (so we can divide it by 10 and return the "pennies value").

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rohitsomani

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back