Increase shade of hightlighted cells for Excel 2007

gholt

I couldn't find anything about this during a search, so I thought I would ask. If it has already been answered, could you point me in the right direction.

We now have the 2007 excel here and I hope someone out there can answer this. When I need to selecte multiple cells with data to copy that are not connected together, excel normally highlights the cells that were selected; however, for 2007, excel barely highlights the selected cell.

I have adjusted the contrast and shading of the monitor, so I can now barely see it. This is a crutial function that I need to work. Does anyone know how you could increase the shade of selected cells so that I can see them.

Thanks.

Excel Facts

Get help while writing formula
Click the italics "fx" icon to the left of the formula bar to open the Functions Arguments dialog. Help is displayed for each argument.
One way (however, this will effect all your programs) is to click Start | Settings | Control Panel | Display | Appearance Tab | Color Scheme section: Set it to any High Contrast setting. I tested High Contrast White and it darkened the selected range considerably. Hope this can help. Larry.

Upvote 0
I found out that it is a known bug. The only solution is to adjust the contrast and the windows color themes. Hopefully, this will be addressed in their service patches. I'm not holding my breath, but hopefully.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
richa mishra

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back