Increase size of input message box

SaraWitch

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello all,

I don't think this can be done, but I'm going to ask anyway just in case someone has found a workaround!

I have an input message box for the Key of the drop down options in a cell, i.e., input message reads:

Title:
Key

Input message:
A = Away
DC = Daily Call
D = Disclaimer

etc.

I have a data validation list with A, DC, D, etc... My issue is that, whilst I am within the allowed number of characters in the input message box, the actual message on the sheet does not show the full list (I have 14 and the bottom three are not visible). I don't think the input message box size can be changed, but it's a large sheet and I didn't really want the Key as a comment, or indeed to put it elsewhere.

Has anyone any ideas?

Ta muchly!

Excel Facts

Format cells as time
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+2 to format cells as time. (Shift 2 is the @ sign).
Thank you @johnnyL. I know about Active X Combo Boxes, but these won't suit my purpose, unfortunately - I need very narrow columns (of which there are lots!), hence the requirement for just a letter and the Key...

Upvote 0
I wonder if I could I put full length text in DDL, then use a formula to replace with letter? (Still not perfect as full DDL doesn't show due to narrowness of columns!) **** MS for not showing all of input message box!

Any other ideas how to include a key without the sheet looking messy, or having to scroll elsewhere? I could add a macro button, I guess, but starts to feel a bit clunky for, what should be, a simple page!

Upvote 0
My brain is slowly ticking over! I've been experimenting with a VBA message box, but can't get the Key in list format! This is also a bit of a pain for user to click ok everytime. If only I could change the size of the DV input message box!

Upvote 0
I have just spent an hour with MS technical support (to once again highlight shortcomings rather than for a solution!), and they advised that I open a discussion in MS Community as it might prompt much-needed change. I have done this, and hope that it doesn't break any MrExcel forum rules...

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andreguerra

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back