Increment 4 different columns base on cell in another column

OmahaGuy

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
New to the forum here, sorry if I break some rules. I did search for an answer, but didn't find one that helped.
I am creating item numbers for four different categories of widgets. And I want those item numbers all to be listed in a single column - Column F.
In column A, I have a drop down with color options. In columns B, C D, E, I have incremental numbers. B= 1000 series, C=2000 series, D=3000 series, E=4000 series. Column F will have the whole list of item numbers, as they are created.
If I choose a Blue widget from drop down in Cell A1, I want a number in column B to increment by 1 to give me "1001" and copy "1001" in Cell F1. Adjacent cells in the other columns will remain blank.
Next, if I choose Yellow widget from drop down in Cell A2 I want Cell C2 to give me "2001" and copy "2001" in Cell F2.
Ultimately, I'd like column F to list all numbers from the four different series. Column F might list numbers similar to 1001, 2001, 4001, 4002, 4003, 2002, 2003, 4004, etc. depending on which color widget I add to the list.
It seems like this should be easy enough, but I'm really struggling here. I may have to add five blue widgets before I enter any red widgets, so the red widget series of numbers will have many blank cells before it adds a number. I think those blanks are causing issues.
I hope this isn't too confusing.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Excel Facts

What is the shortcut key for Format Selection?
Ctrl+1 (the number one) will open the Format dialog for whatever is selected.
Could you upload a sample workbook (without sensitive data) to a sharing site like dropbox.com or google drive?
And then share the link here.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiguekHeka

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back