MrPink1986

Hi,

I have a date which I will need to increment the date by a day, month or year from the actual date. This is based of a list of fields below and is different per the input. Also each resultant date has to be a business day i.e not a weekend day or a bank holiday. I will forgo the Bank Holiday requirement now.

I am using the formula - =DATE(YEAR($A$1),MONTH($A$1),DAY($A$1)) and hard coding the increment value in each row based of the value in B4 below.
Also once we get past SP in column A4 the formula changes to reference the date created by using the value at the SP value.

So if we put the results in to column E the formula will change to =DATE(YEAR($E$6),MONTH($E$6),DAY($E$6))
The date also needs to be in the format text(xx,"mm/dd/yyyy")

Any suggestions on how to create this in Excel of VIA a VBA solution macro would be appreciated

Inputs
A1
=today()

A4 B4
ON1 Day
TN2 Day
SP2 Day
SN2 Day
1W7 Day
2W14 Day
3W21 Day
1M1 Month
2M2 Month
3M3 Month
4M4 Month
5M5 Month
6M6 Month
7M7 Month
8M8 Month
9M9 Month
10M10 Month
11M11 Month
1Y1 Year
15M15 Month
18M18 Month
21M21 Month
2Y2 Year
3Y3 Year
4Y4 Year
5Y5 Year
6Y6 Year
7Y7 Year
8Y8 Year
9Y9 Year
10Y10 Year
15Y15 Year
20Y20 Year
25Y25 Year
30Y30 Year

<colgroup><col span="2"></colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>

Return weekday in formula

Hi - I have the below formula for which i wish to return a weekday date value in my cell. I am using the weekday formula however this does not change the resultant date. I am almost there I think with the formula however if someone could advise on where I am going wrong that would be great. Weekday is Mon to Fri to be clear.

Code:
=IF(WEEKDAY(IF(C7="Day",DATE(YEAR($D$6),MONTH($D$6),DAY($D$6)+B7),IF(C7="Month",DATE(YEAR($D$6),MONTH($D$6)+B7,DAY($D$6)),DATE(YEAR($D$6)+B7,MONTH($D$6),DAY($D$6)))))=2,IF(C7="Day",DATE(YEAR($D$6),MONTH($D$6),DAY($D$6)+B7),IF(C7="Month",DATE(YEAR($D$6),MONTH($D$6)+B7,DAY($D$6)),DATE(YEAR($D$6)+B7,MONTH($D$6),DAY($D$6)))),IF(C7="Day",DATE(YEAR($D$6),MONTH($D$6),DAY($D$6)+B7),IF(C7="Month",DATE(YEAR($D$6),MONTH($D$6)+B7,DAY($D$6)),DATE(YEAR($D$6)+B7,MONTH($D$6),DAY($D$6)))))

Also further to this I dont want the returned date to be Dec 25th of Jan 1st if the day is a weekday (Mon-Fri) I want this to move forward 1 day or to the next business day - how could I incorporate this into the formula?

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Get help while writing formula
Click the italics "fx" icon to the left of the formula bar to open the Functions Arguments dialog. Help is displayed for each argument.
This handles weekends to Mondays...

This is the same formula in E1

in E1
=IF(D1="Day",A1+C1,IF(D1="Month",EDATE(A1,C1),(TEXT(A1,"dd/mm/")&(YEAR(A1)+C1))+0))

in F1
=E1+LOOKUP(WEEKDAY(E1),{1,2,3,4,5,6,7},{1,0,0,0,0,0,2})

Use F1 as the result
This takes E1 and adds either 0 or 1 or 2 depending on the day to bring Sat+Sun to a Mon

Thinking about the Xmas / New Year Day requirement...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Re: Return weekday in formula

Im not sure you have said what you want? Are you attempting to return the date itself if its a weekday or the monday after if its a weekend?

Upvote 0
OK, untested but this should handle weekends to Mondays and the Xmas Day / New Years Day change too.
This getting long now...

in F1
=E1+IF(AND(OR(TEXT(E1,"ddmm")="2512",TEXT(E1,"ddmm")="0101"),WEEKDAY(E1)>=2,WEEKDAY(E1)<=6),LOOKUP(WEEKDAY(E1),{1,2,3,4,5,6,7},{0,1,1,1,1,3,0}),LOOKUP(WEEKDAY(E1),{1,2,3,4,5,6,7},{1,0,0,0,0,0,2}))

So take E1 and if the date is 25 Dec or 1st Jan and weekday is from Mon (2) to Fri (6) add an offset of 3 if Fri or 1 for other weekdays.
Otherwise add an offset of 1 if Sun or 2 if Sat

Upvote 0
Re: Return weekday in formula

Hi - thanks for the reply. Apologies on not been clear. This formula is looking up values I have in two columns and based of today will move the date forward by a number of days, months or years. So this formula returns a date and it is this date which I do not want to be a weekend date and I want it to return the Monday after the date returned in the formula if it is a Sat or Sun.
I hope that makes sense.

Upvote 0
I have merged your two threads dealing with the same question together.

Upvote 0
OK, untested but this should handle weekends to Mondays and the Xmas Day / New Years Day change too.
This getting long now...

in F1
=E1+IF(AND(OR(TEXT(E1,"ddmm")="2512",TEXT(E1,"ddmm")="0101"),WEEKDAY(E1)>=2,WEEKDAY(E1)<=6),LOOKUP(WEEKDAY(E1),{1,2,3,4,5,6,7},{0,1,1,1,1,3,0}),LOOKUP(WEEKDAY(E1),{1,2,3,4,5,6,7},{1,0,0,0,0,0,2}))

So take E1 and if the date is 25 Dec or 1st Jan and weekday is from Mon (2) to Fri (6) add an offset of 3 if Fri or 1 for other weekdays.
Otherwise add an offset of 1 if Sun or 2 if Sat

Perfect - this worked a treat and solved my problem, thanks for your help.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oksanana

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back