Incrementing a row by more than when dragging down

GoldenOldie

Hi I'm hoping that someone can help me with a solution that I've been trying to resolve for days. I'm designing a greyhound results spreadsheet to show the winning traps in each race. The results are in sets of 6 dogs per race and I'm only looking to record results where there are winners (no dead heats). In need to know how do I increment row I3 to N3 and subsequent rows when dragging down. I need it check the next set of race results and so forth. IAs I mentioned I'm only going to base it on races that involve 6 dogs so I need to be able to drag the formula down so that it will always move to the next set of 6 dogs in the proceeding race. Basically I need cell I3 to be similar to =VLOOKUP($I$1,D8:E13,$E$1,0) when I drag down and so forth for cells J3, K3, L3, M3 & N3 and proceeding rows below this.

Many thanks in anticipation.

Attachments

• Greyhound racing results.JPG
    Greyhound racing results.JPG
    179.3 KB · Views: 12

Excel Facts

Create a chart in one keystroke
Select the data and press Alt+F1 to insert a default chart. You can change the default chart to any chart type
Welcome to the MrExcel Message Board!

Cross-posting (posting the same question in more than one forum) is not against our rules, but the method of doing so is covered by #13 of the Forum Rules.

Be sure to follow & read the link at the end of the rule too!

Cross posted at: Incrementing a row by more than when dragging down - OzGrid Free Excel/VBA Help Forum
If you have posted the question at more places, please provide links to those as well.

If you do cross-post in the future and also provide links, then there shouldn’t be a problem.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hat4Life

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back