INDEX and MATCH formula help - can't get range to expand, and trouble with multiple criteria

amyb2703

At my new job, I inherited a spreadsheet that displays features on our product orders. The order specs are uploaded into a tab name DATA in the file, and the spreadsheet on the main tab looks up items on the DATA tab and then marks X in the field on the main tab when it finds a match for that particular sales code. Results look like this:

Here is an example from column I.

=IFERROR(IF(N771="X","X",INDEX(
Data!$A$2:$N$2000​
,MATCH(1,(Data!$B$2:$B$2000=B771)*(Data!$I$2:$I$2000="TCO302"),0),14)),"")

My first issue is around finding multiple criteria (red item). Recently our product offerings have been increased, and we now have multiple sales codes in each category. The formula today looks for a single item to match and then inserts an "X" in the field. I need it to create the "X" in the field for multiple sales codes. In the example below for column I, it only inserts "X" when TCO302 is found. I need it to insert "X" when either TCO302 or TCO332 or TCO333 is found.

My second issue is increasing the range (green item). Currently the formula only looks for items through row 2000. Our business has grown, and I have order information that is beyond that. Seems like I should just be to change the $N$2000 to $N$5000 or whatever I like, but it doesn't seem to want to work.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Thanks to Aladin and some of the others that commented, I was able to come to some resolution on my second issue on the range. I am still looking for some help on my first issue in adding an OR statement to my formula:

=IFERROR(IF(N771="X","X",INDEX(
Data!$A$2:$N$2000
,MATCH(1,(Data!$B$2:$B$2000=B771)*(Data!$I$2:$I$2000="TCO302"),0),14)),"")

I need it to produce the result when TCO302 OR TCO332 OR TCO333 is found, not just TCO302.

<tbody>
</tbody>

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Which lookup functions find a value equal or greater than the lookup value?
MATCH uses -1 to find larger value (lookup table must be sorted ZA). XLOOKUP uses 1 to find values greater and does not need to be sorted.
Control=shift+enter:

=IFERROR(IF(N771="X","X",INDEX(Data!$N$2:$N$2000,MATCH(1,(Data!$B$2:$B$2000=B771)*(ISNUMBER(MATCH(Data!$I$2:$I$2000={"TCO302","TCO332","TCO333"},0))),0))),"")

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DET4492

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back