Index formula, Multiple Criteria, Two Different Worksheets

abrig005

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello, I am trying to figure out a formula the will copy the 1's in the Export Sheet C2:F6 and place them in the Track Sheet in cells C2:F6.
The Export Sheet contains the data and the Track Sheet should match A2, B2, and C1 with the same cells in the Export Sheet to get the correct cell with the 1's in them.

s262x3.png

2vkchvb.png

Excel Facts

How to total the visible cells?
From the first blank cell below a filtered data set, press Alt+=. Instead of SUM, you will get SUBTOTAL(9,)
In C2:

=VLOOKUP($B2,'Export Sheet'!$B$2:$F$6,MATCH(C$1,'Export Sheet'!$B$1:$F$1,0),0)

copy across

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Oh man, I forgot to mention that this is a super simplified version and the columns are not in this particular order and the text can vary for each pull. For example the Gym data can be in a different spot the next time I download it as can the Product and Ability text.

Upvote 0
The formula can handle a different order of gym columns and ability rows, but it doesn't check the product. I'll post another formula that does.

Upvote 0
=INDEX('Export Sheet'!$C$2:$F$6,MATCH('Export Sheet'!$B2,IF('Export Sheet'!$A$2:$A$6=Track!$A2,'Export Sheet'!$B$2:$B$6,0)),MATCH(Track!C$1,'Export Sheet'!$C$1:$F$1,0))

Upvote 0
I REALLY appreciate your help, and I REALLY apologize for not explaining my problem exactly the first time.

Your formulas work however I realized that most of my data has repeat products.
The formula can use A or B in the Export Sheet because I will concatenate and adjust the formula later.
The issue now is the Export Sheet will have several repeat rows (repeat Products) that map to different GYM data in C-F
The Track sheet just has one occurrence of the product that I have to map to the GYM columns.
Is there a way to go line by line in the Export Sheet to see which GYM has a 1 under it and then transfer that over to the unique row in the Track sheet?

Once again, thank you very much for your time and assistance.

fp2wjl.png

17ppjl.png

Upvote 0
Is the data just 1 or blank (or some other number) but no text? If yes, then a sumproduct will work. If text then it's a bit more complicated.

Upvote 0
Its just a 1 or a blank.
I tried this
=INDEX('Export Sheet'!$C$2:$F$9, MATCH(C$1, 'Export Sheet'!$C$1:$F$1,0), MATCH($B6,'Export Sheet'!$B$2:$B$9,0))
and it works for Product 1- 4 but then I get a #REF error in C6: F6 in the Track worksheet.

Upvote 0
This any better?

Excel 2010
ABCDEF
1ProductAbilityGym1Gym2Gym3Gym4
2Product 1Strength11
3Product 2Cardio11
4Product 3Strength and Cardio1111
5Product 4Core1
6Product 5Self Defense1
7Product 5Self Defense1
8Product 5Self Defense1
9Product 5Self Defense1
Export Sheet

Excel 2010
ABCDEF
1ProductAbilityGym1Gym2Gym3Gym4
2Product 1Strength1001
3Product 2Cardio0110
4Product 3Strength and Cardio1111
5Product 4Core0001
6Product 5Self Defense1111
Track
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
C2=SUMPRODUCT(('Export Sheet'!$A$2:$A$9=Track!$A2)*('Export Sheet'!$B$2:$B$9=Track!$B2)*('Export Sheet'!$C$1:$F$1=Track!C$1)*'Export Sheet'!$C$2:$F$9)

Upvote 0
YESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!
Thank you very much this worked!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scottdog129

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back