Index Links to Pages - Excel to PDF

azizabisaad

Office Version
  1. 2021
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello,

I have an excel file that I will be filling each month, and it contains an index that I want to link to different pages.
I will be submitting the file in PDF format, with the index links.
The item in the index will always be linked to the same page. For Example, "item1" in index, should always be linked to page3. and "item2" to page5.
All pages are in the same sheet.
Is there anyway I can do that once in excel and not repeat it every time in pdf??

The index is long, and sometimes the file will be filled by other people, on their personal PCs, so I cannot really control what softwares they have and if they know how to do it in Acrobat.
I want the excel file to be ready so all they have to do is "save as" .pdf

I was trying to do this for the last two days with a lot of researches, but couldn't find anything related.

It's not necessary that the links work in excel. My target is a link that works in the pdf after I "save as" PDF.
I was trying to find the code that makes you jump to a certain page in acrobat, but couldn't find any.

Thank you in advance.

Excel Facts

Do you hate GETPIVOTDATA?
Prevent GETPIVOTDATA. Select inside a PivotTable. In the Analyze tab of the ribbon, open the dropown next to Options and turn it off
I think this can be done in Excel if you have Adobe Acrobat Pro installed. You would have to write code that calls the Acrobat Professional API available for VBA. I do not have experience with it but I have seen similar things done.

Otherwise this cannot be done in Excel.
Thank you @6StringJazzer for your reply.
I think you are right, I have been trying to find a solution through this thread, I think this might be close to what I need.

Anyone can confirm this?
And one more question, each user should have Adobe Acrobat PRO for this to work?? Or only on the PC on which I'm preparing the file?

Upvote 0
You just need Acrobat on the machine that is generating the PDF file. You can use Acrobat or any other PDF reader to read the file.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aivin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back