Index Match across multiple sheets - multiple results

Garuda44

Evening all, I have spent hours searching threads for an answer to this but to no avail.

I have a workbook with 10 sheets of cost codes, each with a data dump which is a list of specific costs in the cost code. I have a formula in there which picks out the unique suppliers in each dump and also SUMS the value for each supplier.

Now on a summary sheet, I have the following formula which works and returns the cost code (sheet name(s)) the chosen Supplier appears in.

=IFERROR(INDEX(SheetList,SMALL(IF(ISNUMBER(1/COUNTIFS(INDIRECT("'"&SheetList&"'!G2:G14"),$B$4)),ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&COUNTIFS(SheetList,"?*")))),ROWS($A$1:A1))),"")

What I am struggling to create is the formula to tell me what the value is for the chosen supplier on each tab.

I know it possibly sounds complicated, if i can work out how to upload a simple version of my spreadsheet i will do so but any initial suggestions would be great as I have been trying different things all day.

Thanks

Excel Facts

Copy a format multiple times
Select a formatted range. Double-click the Format Painter (left side of Home tab). You can paste formatting multiple times. Esc to stop
example - so i have something like this on each sheet;

irrigation5000
winckworth2500
cgma10000
GIA500
RBA1000
stone7000

Thanks ti the previous formula, on the summary sheet i have this;

cgmaE6708
E6556
E5666

where column 2 are the sheet names, that column 1 appears in. What I need is the formula which will can be dropped down in column 3 and tell me 10000 next to E6708 if that is what that sheet says, then if the value is 3000 in sheet E5666, then also return that value.

Really hope this makes it clearer.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Guy Boot

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back