reporting_95

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2019
  3. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi,
This appeared to be a simple vlookup and match task but I kind of ran into a roadblock.

I'm working on a financial report that shows amounts of aid students will receive for the year and semester. In sheet 1, I have a list of students that are coded with a unique ID number and an item type number that represents the type of aid they're receiving for that year (example: 1001=SubLoan1,1002=UnSubLoan1,1003=Grant ect.), along with the dollar amount.

In sheet 2, I have the same population of students but it is filtered to only focus on the loan item type and loan amount they will receive in a specific semester (Fall). What I want to happen is display the loan amount for the fall semester in the sheet 1, which lists all item types of aid for the year, from the data in sheet 2, which only focuses on loans for the semester.

The issue I'm running into is finding a way to have excel to use both the unique id and item type id in sheet 1 to find the same values in sheet 2, and return the loan amount to sheet 1.

Another issue that I have is the columns in both sheets are uneven in length. This is due to more rows in sheet 1 listing all item types of aid, as opposed to the columns in sheet 2 which only focuses on the item types of loans. I tried vlookup but that can only find one value at a time, and index/match formulas i used return #NA and # VALUE! errors.

Can someone please help me out with this?

Thank you in advance!

I will design the sheet to have more columns to represent each semester. I'll give it a try and repost if i run into some issues.

Many Thanks Dante!

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Convert text numbers to real numbers
Select a column containing text numbers. Press Alt+D E F to quickly convert text to numbers. Faster than "Convert to Number"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melvetica

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back