Index/Match multiple hits of same cell value and add rows to fit spill

kidneythief

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi guys! Not sure how to approach this - with lookup and aggregate, an index/match sub or something else.

So In the sheet called Empty, when B2 is filled, it populates the Invoice column in D4:D with unique invoice numbers from an external order sheet.
The Sales sheet has a list of orders where each invoice is broken down per item (so each single invoice number in the Empty sheet can have multiple instances
in the Sales sheet).

I need to pull data from the Sales sheet into the Empty sheet using the invoice numbers as a reference. However, since the Empty sheet only pulls a single
instance of each invoice number, I need to manage spillover and insert rows when needed, as seen in the Filled sheet.

Going further, I was wondering if it would be possible to transpose output into something like what's shown in the Filled_Alt sheet, where Name and Invoice
(A2 and D2) are not repeated, and an extra row is added where the Price column items (or any additonal columns added there like quantity, etc.) are added up.

Ideally, the whole sheet would be populated as in Filled_Alt automatically each time B2 is changed and a new set of invoice numbers populate the D column.

Sorry to be asking so much, and I'd be really grateful for any help or guidance on this.

Attachments

• Empty.jpg
    Empty.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 18
  • Filled.jpg
    Filled.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 20
  • Sales.jpg
    Sales.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 19
  • Filled_Alt.jpg
    Filled_Alt.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 18
Hi, I did not use array formulas in the tables I created for you.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Format cells as currency
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+4 to format cells as currency. (Shift 4 is the $ sign).
Hi, I did not use array formulas in the tables I created for you.
Thank you very much, that did the trick! May I also ask, so I understand, can the hashtag be any arbitrary symbol appended to the invoice number to make exact matches?

Upvote 0
Yes, can the hashtag be any arbitrary symbol. It is better not to use periods, commas or semicolons.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariah3

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back