Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2021
  3. 2019
  4. 2016
  5. 2013
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi there hope someone can help as I am about to lose it because I know there is something simple. I have a table and I need another sheet to return only cells that match 2 given criteria and aren't empty. I have 2 worksheets and need the information from worksheet 2 to show up on worksheet 1 with given criteria and only cells from worksheet 2 that have information. I have uploaded worksheet 1 without the info, worksheet 2 that has the information needed, and final result which is what I need worksheet 1 to look like. Thank you all for the help!
Worksheet 1.jpg
Worksheet 2.jpg
Final Result.jpg

Could we have a small sample data where that is the case so that I can investigate?
I actually stated playing around and it will have the name below the time instead of in column S...IF there is only 1 person scheduled for that day. As soon as I changed the date where 2 ore more people are working that area (Q) then it was correct all around

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Move date out one month or year
Use =EDATE(A2,1) for one month later. Use EDATE(A2,12) for one year later.
I actually stated playing around and it will have the name below the time instead of in column S...IF there is only 1 person scheduled for that day. As soon as I changed the date where 2 ore more people are working that area (Q) then it was correct all around
if there is a work around to where it will perform the same way if only 1 person is scheduled for that date and area (column Q) then great, if not I can make it work with some helper columns to get what I want the final product to be :) you are awesome and have been a tremendous help already

Upvote 0
if there is a work around to where it will perform the same way if only 1 person is scheduled for that date and area (column Q) then great,

You are familiar with your data and requirements, but we are not. Please give some small sample data that demonstrates the issue(s) you are describing and describe again in relation to that sample data what is wrong with the results currently and what result(s) you would want instead.

Upvote 0
You are familiar with your data and requirements, but we are not. Please give some small sample data that demonstrates the issue(s) you are describing and describe again in relation to that sample data what is wrong with the results currently and what result(s) you would want instead.
Ok, IF sheet 2 only has one person scheduled that day and that position...
Book1
BCDEFGHIJ
44/254/264/274/284/294/305/1
6HELPName 1abcd
7HELPName 2efgh
8HELPName 3ijkl
9HELPName 4mnpqrs
10HELPName 5tv
Sheet2

THEN...
Book1
QRS
24/27
3TIMENAME
7HELPc
8HELPName1
9HELP
10HELP
11HELP
Sheet1

But if there are at least 2 people scheduled that day then it is correct...
Book1
BCDEFGHIJ
44/254/264/274/284/294/305/1
6HELPName 1abcd
7HELPName 2efgh
8HELPName 3ijkl
9HELPName 4mnopqrs
10HELPName 5tuv
Sheet2

Book1
QRS
24/29
3TIMENAME
7HELPfName 2
8HELPj Name 3
9HELPqName 4
10HELP
11HELP
Sheet1

Upvote 0
Thanks, that makes it much easier to understand. (y)

Try this in R7, copied down, instead.

Excel Formula:
=LET(col,INDEX(Sheet2!D$6:J$27,0,MATCH(R$2,Sheet2!D$4:J$4,0)),IFERROR(INDEX(FILTER(CHOOSE({1,2},col,Sheet2!C$6:C$27),(col<>"")*(Sheet2!B$6:B$27=Q7)),COUNTIF(Q$7:Q7,Q7),0),""))

Upvote 0
Solution
Thanks, that makes it much easier to understand. (y)

Try this in R7, copied down, instead.

Excel Formula:
=LET(col,INDEX(Sheet2!D$6:J$27,0,MATCH(R$2,Sheet2!D$4:J$4,0)),IFERROR(INDEX(FILTER(CHOOSE({1,2},col,Sheet2!C$6:C$27),(col<>"")*(Sheet2!B$6:B$27=Q7)),COUNTIF(Q$7:Q7,Q7),0),""))
THAT IS IT!!!!! PERFECT thank you so much

Upvote 0
You're welcome. Glad we got there in the end. :)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skydd

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back