INDEX MATCH no DUPLICATES or FILTER in 2016.

iamjonbeamer

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello,
This is my first time using this forum so I apologize for not fully understanding the standard protocol for asking questions on a board like this.
I am using Excel 2016 and am more or less looking to use a =FILTER formula, however as most of you should know, 2016 doesn't support this function. More or less, I am looking to compile only select lines (lines that have the word "YES" in the "CREATE SHIPPING LABEL?" column) to another sheet. That sheet will then feed into 20 pages to print out a shipping label. I have no problem getting the information from the "Compile" sheet to the shipping label. I just need to get a maximum of 20 lines of information from the "Gift Card Log" sheet to the "Compile" sheet. BUT, only the lines with the word "YES" in the "CREATE SHIPPING LABEL?" column without any duplicates.

The idea is as the user of the sheet I will select the lines I want to print on my shipping labels by selecting "YES" and the information will be pulled accordingly. Allowing me to skip lines, work back and forth and maybe do it again for the same line in the future. Since i am horrible at explaining this stuff, I am sharing photos of what I want it to do below.

This formula {=INDEX('Gift Card Log'!A2:M1048576,MATCH("YES",'Gift Card Log'!M2:M1048576,0),1)} does work for getting information where I need it, however it will duplicate results and I only want each result pulled 1 time.

Attachments

• Customer Log.JPG
    Customer Log.JPG
    98.8 KB · Views: 8
  • Compile Data.JPG
    Compile Data.JPG
    135.6 KB · Views: 8
  • Shipping Label.JPG
    Shipping Label.JPG
    83 KB · Views: 8

Excel Facts

Lock one reference in a formula
Need 1 part of a formula to always point to the same range? use $ signs: $V$2:$Z$99 will always point to V2:Z99, even after copying

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Armadillos

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back