INDEX MATCH or VLOOKUP Multiple Criteria

Robby19

Board Regular
I'm thinking this might have to be an array of some sort, but here goes nothing. I have a tab that pulls 2 different codes, TA and TZ. Each tab uses EDIPI (individual unique identifier). I want to match in 4 separate columns the following; TA Code, TA Code Date, TZ Code, TZ Code Date

I created this =INDEX(TRS_DATA[Training Event Code],MATCH(1,([@EDIPI]=TRS_DATA[EDIPI])*(TRS_DATA[@Form]=FTAPBEGPOP[[#Headers],[TA]]),0)) but it doesn't work at all.

Can anyone help with the correct formula?

Sheet 1 contains the basic date, Sheet 2 would contain the formulas pulling from Sheet 1.

Sheet 2
EDIPITADATETZDATE
123TA21 Apr 2018TZ22 Apr 2018
124TA19 Apr 2018

<tbody>
</tbody>

Sheet 1
EDIPICODEDATE
123TA21 Apr 2018
124TA19 Apr 2018
123TZ22 Apr 2018
125TZ7 Apr 2018
126TA18 Apr 2018

<tbody>
</tbody>

Excel Facts

Easy bullets in Excel
If you have a numeric keypad, press Alt+7 on numeric keypad to type a bullet in Excel.
Sheet1, i.e. TRS_DATA, is a 3-column table (input). But it's not clear what must happen in Sheet2. Care to post what the output must be, without mentioning any formula?

Upvote 0
You are correct, sheet 1 is just a data pull from our system that shows who completed which class and when. The object of Sheet 2 is to combine both versions of the class, codes TA and TZ, and show them on one line for each individual. Sheet 2 also pulls compliance information and other pertinent date from the rest of the spreadsheet. The desired output for sheet 2 is to be a by-name dashboard of sorts.

Upvote 0
So, we move from one representation (Sheet1) to another (Sheet2).

Care to indicate what is given in Sheet2 and what must be computed?

Upvote 0
So I think I figured it out. I created a pivot table and filtered only the TZ data into it, then used the GETPIVOTDATA formula. I appreciate the responses!

Upvote 0
So I think I figured it out. I created a pivot table and filtered only the TZ data into it, then used the GETPIVOTDATA formula. I appreciate the responses!

That's a good idea. Otherwise, we had to create the output as a whole by means of formulas (not impossible though).

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandomExceller01

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back