Index match returning 0s or duplicate rows

awelearning

Hi - I've been struggling with this for a while and can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. (I also can't figure out how to embed images here and I've reached *maximum stress*, so I hope it's ok that I linked to G drive to show you my screenshots)

I want to pull only rows from one worksheet that have EHCP in column G, to another worksheet. I've tried index match in a number of ways, but one brings over N/A rows as 0, and the other repeats rows.

Source worksheet:
open
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1YRwfw4KOq1UK_H9CM2E9LsVBzw5QO052
view

Formula returning 0s (used to be N/A but I added the ISNA function): =IF(ISNA(MATCH("EHCP",'Support Planning'!$G2,0)),,INDEX('Support Planning'!A2:A9999,MATCH("EHCP",'Support Planning'!$G2,0)))
Worksheet https://drive.google.com/open?id=1gPaTPsupTRswDWhsfqhMXu3uyG7z0QAd

Formula returning duplicates:=INDEX('Support Planning'!A2:A15,MATCH('Look Ups'!$A$6,'Support Planning'!$G2:$G15,0))
Worksheet https://drive.google.com/open?id=1zAfgq3eKZy3hflLh4f85arYtYsyA_ClR

Why am I getting these unnecessary rows and how do I get rid of them? Thanks in advance for any advice and guidance

Excel Facts

What is the fastest way to copy a formula?
If A2:A50000 contain data. Enter a formula in B2. Select B2. Double-click the Fill Handle and Excel will shoot the formula down to B50000.
Images dont allow us to examine the data.

Post the spreadsheet to an online storage site (as youve done with the image) and post the link here.

Upvote 0
Try

HCP

A2=IFERROR(INDEX('Support Planning'!A$2:A$16,SMALL(IF('Support Planning'!$G$2:$G$17='Support Planning'!$G$2,ROW('Support Planning'!A$2:A$16)-ROW('Support
Planning'!A$2)+1),ROWS('Support Planning'!A$2:'Support Planning'!A2))),"") control +shift+enter copy down and across

Upvote 0
It worked perfectly! Thank you! I've seen this "SMALL" thing in recommendations but not seen a decent tutorial. Can you point me to an idiot guide for what is happening here, please?

Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JAMES KECULAH

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back