Index Match that can sum multiple columns of data that match multiple column/row criteria

ComstockExcel

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi all,

I'm building out some financial reporting and I could use some help. I'd like to be able to sum certain data points within a table where multiple criteria for the X and Y axis are met. The table below is an example of what I'm looking to solve. My gut tells me this can be done with an index/match function that has some sort of other qualifier or sum formula to it.

In the example below, the green is my data table, and the black are my row and column variables. I'd like to build a formula that If I enter in my 2 row variables and one column variable, that it would sum any of the data points where those align in the table. In the example below, I'm looking to sum anything that has the rows with both YTD and 2019 in them that intercept with the the column that has Product 3 in it (It should spit out the sum of the 3 orange highlighted values).

Thank you for any help you can offer. If this formula is possible it would literally save me hours each month in financial reporting.

~Ryan

1673631016781.png

Excel Facts

Create a chart in one keystroke
Select the data and press Alt+F1 to insert a default chart. You can change the default chart to any chart type
Welcome to MrExcel forum

Try
=SUMIFS(INDEX($J$7:$T$13,MATCH(L18,$I$7:$I$13,0),0),$J$2:$T$2,L16,$J$5:$T$5,L17)

M.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Armadillos

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back