Index/Match that pulls background color with text from 1 sheet to another

sloany101

Office Version
  1. 365
I am having some difficulty finding where to start with this , i have found a few codes in other forums but am not able to manipulate them to my needs , so here goes my best to explain this -

So to start i have a spreadsheet with multiple sheets , this is a POB (personnel on board) , within this excel file i have a sheet that is a "personnel info" database , it essentially is a spreadsheet that will increase indefinitely with varying personnel's information as the years progress (only when they come on board the vessel) , the database has 2 sets of information that i use in the main sheet (Daily POB) the personnel's company they are associated with and their body and bag weights , i have no issues with the body and bag weight portion, i do however have issues with the company portion , i have a vba coded formula that works like VLOOKUP , it incorporates the background color as well , it works fine (=CLookup(C3,'Personnel Info'!$A$3:$C$100,2)) this is what it looks like when typed in (if the VBA coding is needed i can post it as well)

The main issue with this VBA code is that the A3:C100 (i would actually prefer it up to C1000 so i would not have to update the formula too frequently) slows down the excel file when opening it and people i send this spreadsheet to and others that use it when im not here are starting to complain it takes too long to open, i did some research and found that index/match is being used in place of VLOOKUP these days and could potentially resolve my slow open issue

Is there a way to code in VBA an index/match formula that incorporates the cell color along with the text from one sheet to another ?

***IF MORE INFORMATION IS NEEDED I WILL DO MY BEST TO PROVIDE IT***

Excel Facts

Why are there 1,048,576 rows in Excel?
The Excel team increased the size of the grid in 2007. There are 2^20 rows and 2^14 columns for a total of 17 billion cells.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AtariBaby

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back