Index match that pulls multiple rows and columns

rjoiner3

Office Version
  1. 2010
Platform
  1. Windows
I am trying to figure out what I could do to have excel automatically populate all four columns, not just one value, based upon the year, the company, and both of them combined. I made this spreadsheet as an example as it most closely relates to what I need it to do for a project of mine at work. I have a large master set with all of the unsorted data in it. I break it out into separate divisions in order to calculate returns based off each investment, each year, and then each investment in each respective year (and then I put everything in a matrix and it works great). The only problem I have run into now is every time I need to add a new investor and their return to the list, I have to add that one person four separate times into each division I have it broken out into. I am looking for a way to have excel automatically pull all four columns from the master list to the broken out division based on selective criteria. If you can help I greatly appreciate it.. please let me know how to type out the function exactly. See the attached picture to get a better idea of what I am talking about in case I didn't explain it well enough. Thanks so much, Ryan.

Attachments

• Example .png
    Example .png
    81 KB · Views: 16

Excel Facts

Format cells as time
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+2 to format cells as time. (Shift 2 is the @ sign).
Welcome to the MrExcel Message Board!

Cross-posting (posting the same question in more than one forum) is not against our rules, but the method of doing so is covered by #13 of the Forum Rules.

Be sure to follow & read the link at the end of the rule too!

Cross posted at: Excel index match retrieving multiple columns of data
If you have posted the question at more places, please provide links to those as well.

If you do cross-post in the future and also provide links, then there shouldn’t be a problem.

Upvote 0

Upvote 0
moderator, please take my post/thread down. thanks

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariah3

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back