Index Match to return a rate

sploits

Hi,

I have been racking my brains for the past 3 hours trying to make a formula work for me.

I have a table in which contains a Date From, a Date To, a persons name and then 2 columns for charge out rate (basic time and overtime).

In my master sheet I want to be able to book a person at a given time and the formula would look at the date the person was booked, their name, the shift they are doing and give the corresponding rate.

I have tried a few index match formulas but I can't seem to get the final result I need

Google Drive Link for an example:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1O9LQubAUVxMo4Ac39PBpQiNEVFcqm7xV

In the yellow box on the example file I would like the correct rate to appear for the shift he person is working. I just can't figure it out with an index match (array and non array). Any help would be fantastic.

Many thanks

Excel Facts

Format cells as date
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+3 to format cells as date. (Shift 3 is the # sign which sort of looks like a small calendar).
Try this

<b>Sheet1</b><br /><br /><table border="1" cellspacing="0" style="font-family:Calibri,Arial; font-size:11pt; background-color:#ffffff; "> <colgroup><col style="font-weight:bold; width:30px; " /><col style="width:73px;" /><col style="width:84px;" /><col style="width:102px;" /><col style="width:64px;" /><col style="width:74px;" /><col style="width:64px;" /></colgroup><tr style="background-color:#cacaca; text-align:center; font-weight:bold; font-size:8pt; "><td > </td><td >A</td><td >B</td><td >C</td><td >D</td><td >E</td><td >F</td></tr><tr style="height:18px ;" ><td style="font-size:8pt; background-color:#cacaca; text-align:center; " >1</td><td style="font-weight:bold; ">Input</td><td > </td><td > </td><td > </td><td > </td><td > </td></tr><tr style="height:18px ;" ><td style="font-size:8pt; background-color:#cacaca; text-align:center; " >2</td><td >Date</td><td >Name</td><td >Shift</td><td >Hours</td><td >Rate</td><td >Total</td></tr><tr style="height:18px ;" ><td style="font-size:8pt; background-color:#cacaca; text-align:center; " >3</td><td style="text-align:right; ">02/05/2018</td><td >Adam Apple</td><td >Basic</td><td style="text-align:right; ">8</td><td style="background-color:#ffff00; color:#ff0000; text-align:right; "> £          8.00 </td><td style="text-align:right; "> £    64.00 </td></tr><tr style="height:18px ;" ><td style="font-size:8pt; background-color:#cacaca; text-align:center; " >4</td><td style="text-align:right; ">25/03/2019</td><td >Claire Cherry</td><td >Overtime</td><td style="text-align:right; ">3</td><td style="background-color:#ffff00; color:#ff0000; text-align:right; "> £        21.00 </td><td style="text-align:right; "> £    63.00 </td></tr><tr style="height:18px ;" ><td style="font-size:8pt; background-color:#cacaca; text-align:center; " >5</td><td style="text-align:right; ">25/03/2019</td><td >Adam Apple</td><td >Overtime</td><td style="text-align:right; ">3</td><td style="background-color:#ffff00; color:#ff0000; text-align:right; "> £        19.50 </td><td style="text-align:right; "> £    58.50 </td></tr></table><br /><table style="font-family:Arial; font-size:10pt; border-style: groove ;border-color:#00ff00;background-color:#fffcf9; color:#000000; "><tr><td ><b>Formula</b></td></tr><tr><td ><table border = "1" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" style="font-family:Arial; font-size:9pt;"><tr style="background-color:#cacaca; font-size:10pt;"><td >Cell</td><td >Formula</td></tr><tr><td >E3</td><td >=SUMPRODUCT((Table1[Name]=Table2[[#This Row],[Name]])*(Table1[Date To]<=Table2[[#This Row],[Date]])*(Table1[Date From]>=Table2[[#This Row],[Date]])*(INDIRECT("Table1[" & Table2[[#This Row],[Shift]] & "]")))</td></tr></table></td></tr></table> <br /><br />

Upvote 0
This is another way:

=SUMIFS(INDIRECT("Table1[" &Table2[[#This Row],[Shift]] & "]"),Table1[Date To],"<=" & Table2[[#This Row],[Date]],Table1[Date From],">="&Table2[[#This Row],[Date]],Table1[Name],Table2[[#This Row],[Name]])

Upvote 0
Hi DanteAmor,

That appears to have worked perfectly! Now to link it into my master file.

Thank you so much for your help

Upvote 0
I'm glad to help you. Thanks for the feedback.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ksjohnson1970

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back