Index Match tough formulas

baker_89

I have some terminology that may be confusing but I hope you can make sense of it.

I have a table on sheet2 named Table1 with

B2 is a drop down list that changes the pan type to be shown which all formulas refer to for searching
B6 I want to show the latest date the word "Glazed" appears in table col F
C6 same just the word "Straightened"
D6 same just the word "Cleaned"

B9 I have a formula already for this
C9 I want to show the total number of time the word "Glazed" shows up in table col F
D9 I want to search by the latest date the pan has but show table col J (col J looks like this, "3309 ea") just need the digits

B13 the same row as C6 but show table col K value
C13 Average time between dates that have text "glazed" in months is fine if not days
D13 would be the average time period between multiplied by the last cost for the remainder average cycle times left in the a rolling 12 month period (this is to show as time period between cycles shortens the life of the pan is reaching its limit) or Would it be cost effective to continue re-glazing or purchase new

SHEET1
ABCDE
1Pan Type
2Reg
5Last Glazed OnLast StraightenedLast Cleaned
610/31/2018
8Pan Age# of Glaze CyclesLast Pan Count
91/1/2011
107 Years 10 months
12Last Glazing CostAvg Life of GlazeExp Yearly Cost

<colgroup style="border-collapse: collapse; width: auto;"><col style="border-collapse: collapse; width: auto;"><col style="border-collapse: collapse; width: auto;" span="3"><col style="border-collapse: collapse; width: auto;"></colgroup><tbody style="border-collapse: collapse; width: auto;">
</tbody>

SHEET2 TABLE HEADINGS
ABCDEFGHIJK
Purchase Order IDPurchase Order ItemSupplier #SupplierPan TypeRequest TypePurchase Order Creation DateNet PricePrice UnitOrdered QuantityOrdered Net Value/Limit

<colgroup style="border-collapse: collapse; width: auto;"><col style="border-collapse: collapse; width: auto;" span="2"><col style="border-collapse: collapse; width: auto;"><col style="border-collapse: collapse; width: auto;"><col style="border-collapse: collapse; width: auto;"><col style="border-collapse: collapse; width: auto;"><col style="border-collapse: collapse; width: auto;"><col style="border-collapse: collapse; width: auto;" span="2"><col style="border-collapse: collapse; width: auto;"><col style="border-collapse: collapse; width: auto;"></colgroup><tbody style="border-collapse: collapse; width: auto;">
</tbody>

Excel Facts

What does custom number format of ;;; mean?
Three semi-colons will hide the value in the cell. Although most people use white font instead.
I've made headway with B6:D6 with this formula, =MAX(IF((Table1[Pan Type]=$B$3)*(Table1[Request Type]=B6),Table1[Purchase Order Creation Date]))

But now I need to finish the lower half, I think I am on the right track but I cannot get the last pan count and cost to work yet. When I do it just shows the largest value in the list instead of the most recent.

I still don't know where to start on the average time between dates. (preferably in days)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arbind kumar

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back