INDEX, MATCH type COUNTIF/SUMIF issue.

MrKris

Office Version
2019, 2016
Platform
Windows
Hi everyone,

Last time I reached out to you, I felt the love with so many responses so quickly.

I am a teacher and I’m trying to look for ways to streamline my duties.

I'm currently reviewing the courses I teach - focussing on equipment used, and duration for each module.
I have been asked to report the number of reviews I have carried out on a course by course basis (however my courses consist of some common modules).
Essentially I'm trying to write a formula in R4 that will take the modules which are in Course A, and count if the corresponding row has an x (indicating I need to conduct a review of the module).

There are 3 possible equipment checks, and 3 duration checks which may be completed (Column I-K and Column L-N).
Each course is made up of a selection of standardised modules as indicated by the course matrix. The formula in Q2 works, and might be a clue how to solve this problem. In Q2 we have a SUMIF, but in R2 we need to COUNTIF. Simply changing it doesn't work, please help.
I have shown the stages of the calculation on the next tab - displaying progression.

Here’s a sample version of the type of data I’m working with. Please help!

Cheers,
MrKris

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

What do {} around a formula in the formula bar mean?
{Formula} means the formula was entered using Ctrl+Shift+Enter signifying an old-style array formula.

Fluff

MrExcel MVP, Moderator
Office Version
Platform
Windows
How about
=SUMPRODUCT((INDEX($D$3:$H$10,,MATCH(P2,$D$2:$H$2,0))="x")*($I$3:$K$10="x"))

Subscribe on YouTube

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leen1234

This Week's Hot Topics

• Turn fraction around
    Hello I need to turn a fraction around, for example I have 1/3 but I need to present as 3/1
  • TIme Clock record reformatting to ???
    Hello All, I'd like some help formatting this (Tbl-A)(Loaded via Power Query) [ATTACH type="full" width="511px" alt="PQdata.png"]22252[/ATTACH]...
  • TextBox Match
    hi, I am having a few issues with my code below, what I need it to do is when they enter a value in textbox8 (QTY) either 1,2 or 3 the 3 textboxes...
  • Using Large function based on Multiple Criteria
    Hello, I can't seem to get a Large formula to work based on two criteria's. I can easily get a oldest value based one value, but I'm struggling...
  • Can you check my code please
    Hi, Im going round in circles with a Compil Error End With Without With Here is the code [CODE=rich] Private Sub...
  • Combining 2 pivot tables into 1 chart
    Hello everyone, My question sounds simple but I do not know the answer. I have 2 pivot tables and 2 charts that go with this. However I want to...