Index/Match with Multiple Criteria

kparadise

Board Regular
Hello,

Looking for some help would would save lots of time and manual labor. It is a basic index match with 3 criteria; as well as obtaining the MAX value of the index.

So; the raw data looks like such.
SHEET 1
A
B
C
D
E
Group
Business
Control
Risk1
Risk2
ABC
ABC
ABC
ABC
ABC
ALT
control1
ABC
ALT
control1
ABC
ALT
control2
ABC
ALT
control2
ABC
ALT
control2
ABC
CNTR
control2
ABC
CNTR
control2
ABC
CNTR
control1
ABCCNTR
control1
ABC
CNTRcontrol1

<tbody>
</tbody>

I am trying to put together a heat map if you will. I will list all of the Controls down the left side of the table. I will then list the Business across the top. I will have to list the Business at the top two columns in a row; because I want the Risk1 and Risk2 of each Business next to each other. The last piece I would like to perform is to only list the MAX value from the RISK's column in the new table below.

SHEET 2
A
B
C
D
E
ALT
ALT
CNTR
CNTR
Risk1
Risk2
Risk1
Risk2
Control1
Control2

<tbody>
</tbody>

Now I know this formula needs to be an INDEX MATCH, I assume with multiple criteria (i.e. from Sheet 2; look up ALT, look up Risk1, and look up MAX(Control1) from SHEET 1. I just do not know the appropriate formula. Help!

Marcelo Branco

MrExcel MVP
Question:
Shouldn't the result in C3 (Control1 - Alt - Risk2) be 2 rather than 4? Please, clarify.

M.

Marcelo Branco

MrExcel MVP
Try this array formula in Sheet2 B3 copied across and down
=MAX(IF(Sheet1!$B$2:$B$15=B$1,IF(Sheet1!$C$2:$C$15=$A3,INDEX(Sheet1!$D$2:$E$15,0,MATCH(B$2,Sheet1!$D$1:$E$1,0)))))
Ctrl+Shift+Enter

Hope this helps

M.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Damntheman30

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics

• VBA (Userform)
    Hi All, I just would like to know why my code isn't working. Here is my VBA code: [CODE=vba]Private Sub OKButton_Click() Dim i As Integer...
  • List box that changes fill color
    Hello, I have gone through so many pages trying to figure this out. I have a 2020 calendar that depending on the day needs to have a certain...
  • Remove duplicates and retain one. Cross-linked cases
    Hi all I ran out of google keywords to use and still couldn't find a reference how to achieve the results of a single count. It would be great if...
  • VBA Copy and Paste With Duplicates
    Hello All, I'm in need of some input. My VBA skills are sub-par at best. I've assembled this code from basic research and it works but is...
  • Macro
    is it possible for a macro to run if the active cell value is different to the value above it
  • IF DATE and TIME
    I currently use this to check if date has passed but i also need to set a time on it too. Is it possible? [CODE=vba]=IF(B:B>TODAY(),"Not...